Are the ELD-X bullets as good as the Bergers?

I haven't had any luck shooting the .284 bullets in any of my 30 cal rifles.... ever. apples to apples por favor....

My bad thread nazi... didn't realize this was the EXCLUSIVE 30cal eldX thread. Has anyone confirmed ANY of hornady's advertised BC's?

Last edited:
As a general rule of thumb for pretty much every Hordany bullets is I've had to drop BC in my calculators to get my programs lining up with my drops. Could be a bunch of factors, but this has been fairly standard in my experience with them,,,goes for the ELD-X & M too.

I just thought it was kind of crappy for them to compare the 212 ELD-X and NOT the 215 Berger Hybrid...Which would be the most comparable Berger.

I think the most comparable Berger would be the 210 HVLD since it carries a hunting designation similar to the 212 ELD-X. Although the 215 has a proven record of killing beasts, it's primary designation is a target bullet.

I think the most comparable Berger would be the 210 HVLD since it carries a hunting designation similar to the 212 ELD-X. Although the 215 has a proven record of killing beasts, it's primary designation is a target bullet.

Fair enough, compare a 210 VLD to the 212 ELD-X... The Berger 210 VLD will still give it a MUCH better run for it's money than the 190 VLD compared to the 212 ELD-X...

You have to compare similar class bullets. While the 190 and 210 are similar, they still aren't in the same class. That's like saying a 168 VLD is in the same class as a 212 ELD-X, simply because they're both .30 caliber bullets... It's just not a fair comparison in my eyes.

Well each barrel is unique. You have to find.what it likes.

Are we target shooting or hunting?

For target shooting to evaluate the two bullets i believe.consistency would be the first factor.to judge them on. Take 500 of each and sort them by weight and bearing surface. See which is more consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.