Are the ELD-X bullets as good as the Bergers?

WEATHERBY460

Has anyone used these bullets yet. I may try some 200 grainers in a 300 win mag if you guys are having success with them grouping. Thanks

The way I look at it is the 180 sst still performed the same as the berger despite its lower bc and lower retained velocity..... so therfore the weight doesn't appear to have made much of a diffence. Just an observation

This is a test of expansion at different ranges. They don't say how each bullet groups

Oh yeah, that test is definitely not bias.... :rolleyes:

They can't even test similar bullets because the brand who paid them the most (or is the writer's personal favorite) would lose.

I NEVER said it was the same or without bias ... and that is why simply posted as ...

lightbulbFor what it is worth >>> Five Long-Range Bullets Review | Field & Streamlightbulb

... for end-users to draw their own conclusion and perhaps try for themselves. I have 212s and 220s to try for this season as well as Berger 230s. In case you've forgotten, I too am a Berger fan and user!

"IF" you have a something better than the link I shared or hands on experience, by all means please do share.

I NEVER said it was the same or without bias ... and that is why simply posted as ...

... for end-users to draw their own conclusion and perhaps try for themselves. I have 212s and 220s to try for this season as well as Berger 230s. In case you've forgotten, I too am a Berger fan and user!

"IF" you have a something better than the link I shared or hands on experience, by all means please do share.

Ed, I know, I was just pointing it out for those who might not have paid attention to the unequal weights they tested, and then tried to pass this test off as an equal comparison test of the bullets, when they were also comparing LR performance and BC into the mix. I just feel the test was not a fair one.

Ed, I know, I was just pointing it out for those who might not have paid attention to the unequal weights they tested, and then tried to pass this test off as an equal comparison test of the bullets, when they were also comparing LR performance and BC into the mix. I just feel the test was not a fair one.

Fair enough, but like I said I shared the post "as-is" specifically for the ELD-X since there's not many of them at this time. The link scored the 190 Berger very poorly but I harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards with it but you don't hear me addressing it as I have not personally have a hands on experience with the ELD-Xs yet. Hands on experience is the best test result, esp. when the representative sample supports it.

Fair enough, but like I said I shared the post "as-is" specifically for the ELD-X since there's not many of them at this time. The link scored the 190 Berger very poorly but I harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards with it but you don't hear me addressing it as I have not personally have a hands on experience with the ELD-Xs yet. Hands on experience is the best test result, esp. when the representative sample supports it.

It's all good, I wasn't calling you out, I was calling out the test for being BS.

I agree about the hands-on experience being the best way for anyone to tell what works best for them. I just thought it was kind of crappy for them to compare the 212 ELD-X and NOT the 215 Berger Hybrid...Which would be the most comparable Berger.

It's all good, I wasn't calling you out, I was calling out the test for being BS.

I agree about the hands-on experience being the best way for anyone to tell what works best for them. I just thought it was kind of crappy for them to compare the 212 ELD-X and NOT the 215 Berger Hybrid...Which would be the most comparable Berger.

Perhaps that's all he's got to test at the time. I honestly did not view it as a total BS because it still have its merits, esp. when viewed by bullet weights (except for the 190s where there's actually a comparative analysis that can be formulated to a point).

Has anyone tested the ELDX advertised BC's? 7mm 180gr Hornady's .796 eclipses bergers .674

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.