APS Raptor Stalker

MT4XFore

Yesterday I was the proud recipient of a new Raptor Stalker from APS. This is in my opinion quite a handsome rifle chambered in 338 Allen Xpress. Preliminary testing showed it to be grouping about 3 inches or so at 750 yds and right about 4 inches at 1000 yds. Haven't broken the barrel in yet or done any load testing so those results can most likely be improved upon somewhat. The specifics are:

APS RAPTOR action
APS RAPTOR contour barrel from Lilja
Mcmillian A-3 stock w/adjustable cheek rest
Jewell trigger @ 1 #
Vortex PST 6 - 24x50 FFP in MOA adjustments
Small Painkiller Brake from APS

Please enjoy some pics!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 75
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 71
MT,

Sure was worth the wait, wasn't it!!!!

Sweet looking rig. There's a bit of "nastiness" to it's look.

Love the stock. Did you select green or was it just the luck of the draw as was mine?

In homage to our friend in Dillon, you could name yours "Big-N-Green" I'll name mine "Bigger-N-Green".:rolleyes:

Next summer we'll get these cousins together for a bit of a reunion. We'll set'm side by side, kind of strut around with our chests puffed out and bellies sucked in (not for too long though, it gets painful at my age:D) take some pics and spew forth some heart rending tales of miracle long shots that we haven't yet made.:D

What side of the bed do you keep it. If you say, "in the middle", I'll know your lying.:) Been there done that!:D

Cpt. Academy: The PST is working very well so far. It's corrections are quite precise.

300R: She weighs in at a tad under 11 lbs. But it feels lighter somehow.

Roy: Worth the wait?? Heck yes!! She is nasty too,I think I will blood her on a Prairie dog or three.
Thank you about the stock. I picked the stock colors, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly the percentages.
I like the idea of getting the cousins together next year. From what I read, Broz puts on a really nice shoot. I would like to get there before the shoots end this year, but I don't know if that will happen. Fifty and I have been talking about trying to make one together. With me I'll have to suck in my chest and puff out my belly (of course that's normal for me)
Fortunately for me, the wife was working that night and "green" kept her side of the bed occupied, much to the dismay of my Jack Russel!

As you know, she's not only easy on the eyes, but on the shoulder as well. I've been shooting her with only a tee shirt on top, and I have nary a bruise. Really comfortable! Showing great promise during break-in. Well under an inch @ 200 yds.

Hurry home,I'm sure you are missed. Oh yeah, how's the woof boolits coming along?

Jim

Cpt. Academy: The PST is working very well so far. It's corrections are quite precise.

300R: She weighs in at a tad under 11 lbs. But it feels lighter somehow.

Roy: Worth the wait?? Heck yes!! She is nasty too,I think I will blood her on a Prairie dog or three.
Thank you about the stock. I picked the stock colors, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly the percentages.
I like the idea of getting the cousins together next year. From what I read, Broz puts on a really nice shoot. I would like to get there before the shoots end this year, but I don't know if that will happen. Fifty and I have been talking about trying to make one together. With me I'll have to suck in my chest and puff out my belly (of course that's normal for me)
Fortunately for me, the wife was working that night and "green" kept her side of the bed occupied, much to the dismay of my Jack Russel!

As you know, she's not only easy on the eyes, but on the shoulder as well. I've been shooting her with only a tee shirt on top, and I have nary a bruise. Really comfortable! Showing great promise during break-in. Well under an inch @ 200 yds.

Hurry home,I'm sure you are missed. Oh yeah, how's the woof boolits coming along?

Jim
Very nice

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.