Anyone wanna help a new guy?

Good luck, I'm in the same situation, just keep looking and find any and all online dealers with a email notification.

It will primarily be a hunting rifle, and by custom I just meant all individually sourced components rather than a factory rifle. I've got a defiance anti-x I'm building off of, but I'm pretty new to all this so maybe that's not a true custom I honestly don't know.
What's the special reamer for? I'll talk to my gunsmith about it today, thanks
If you are buying a receiver/action and barrel, this is what I consider "custom". The reamer solves the clicker issue with brass not being sized down enough at the base. If you have the time there is a HUGE thread on here called the "PRC Die Problem". That being said, the solution is the reamer I suggested. Any accomplished Gunsmith that has done a lot of 6.5 PRC's should be aware of this.

PH

Hammers are some of the easiest bullets to load for. Great terminal performance as well. Don't be afraid to try them. Just be certain the bullet you order will stabilize in your barrel. Faster the twist the better.
Do not buy the Absolute hammers until you have some decent reloading experience. Stick with the hammer hunters and like Beeman said they are easy to work up a load for.

Do not buy the Absolute hammers until you have some decent reloading experience. Stick with the hammer hunters and like Beeman said they are easy to work up a load for.
True. I should of clarified that. As soon as the snow melts I'm going to crank up some 140 absolutes in my new 280 AI.

Q # 1 NO, Q #2 NO Q#3 good luck, and I am a big fan of the Hornady 143 ELD-X or Berger 140 VLD,'s brass bullets and primers are impossible to find right now. good hunting
Nothing is impossible or I have been by the grace of god lucky. One day at the local gun store it started as one pound h1000 and 200 fed 210 primers. Fed Ex just delivered so I asked the owner if there could be anything I would be interested in …. Ba bam my one pounder turned into an eight pound jug and 200 primers. I paid 319 for the eight pound jug but $8 per sleeve on the primers. Gone in there three or four weeks prior and scored three pounds h1000 $40 per and two sleeves of fed 210 primers $8 per. Was on bass pro site stumbled into the 143 eldx bullets scored 400 there they 45 per box of 100. Nothing is impossible just be diligent and be ready to buy when there is an opportunity!