Anyone wanna help a new guy?

I recently bought once fired brass from Fierce. It is Hornady brass. They may still have some. I am also on the waitlist for ADG brass at Creedmoor Sports. You should get on that too.

Took me awhile and a lot of time but got powder from Powder Valley and Hornady directly.

Watch the reloading for sale forum on this site. Veteran posts available powder/primers regularly. Set yourself up for notifications as it goes FAST.

I got bullets by putting myself on waitlists at various sites. Berger hunting 140 VLDs and 156s through Midway. Same with dies.

Took me a couple months to assemble the stuff to reload 6.5 PRC. Good news is, that it is getting better.

I recently bought once fired brass from Fierce. It is Hornady brass. They may still have some. I am also on the waitlist for ADG brass at Creedmoor Sports. You should get on that too.

Took me awhile and a lot of time but got powder from Powder Valley and Hornady directly.

Watch the reloading for sale forum on this site. Veteran posts available powder/primers regularly. Set yourself up for notifications as it goes FAST.

I got bullets by putting myself on waitlists at various sites. Berger hunting 140 VLDs and 156s through Midway. Same with dies.

Took me a couple months to assemble the stuff to reload 6.5 PRC. Good news is, that it is getting better.
Glad to hear that Jimmy,, I all set for the time now, found a old dealer I use to buy , shot, powder, and trap shooting supplies, got a 8lb container, and primers, just want some CCI's primers. I also have been using Lapua brass, I anneal it and it last a long time,

Thanks but it looks like Creedmoor sports doesn't carry have anything listed for the 6.5prc unless I'm not looking in the right spot

In the process of building my first custom rifle, in 6.5prc.
I'm also in the process of gathering the necessary equipment to start reloading.
So I have a few questions
1, does anyone have any 6.5 brass that they would let go of for less than a kidney?

2, I've heard to stay away from hornady brass, is it that bad?

3, what primers should I be looking for and does anyone have any they would let go of?

4, anyone have any barnes lrx or other mono bullets in .264?

Thanks in advance for any replies, even if it's just to tell me I'm SOL
I have used Hornady brass for ( as well as others) but Hornady in particular for 40 years. Like everything it's personal choice...as for the rest....YOU BE SOL! Today you get what's available and can be choosey .......well...whenever the shortages end...I hope you are only 30....you might live long enough to see it end and supplies become plentiful!

I have used Hornady brass for ( as well as others) but Hornady in particular for 40 years. Like everything it's personal choice...as for the rest....YOU BE SOL! Today you get what's available and can be choosey .......well...whenever the shortages end...I hope you are only 30....you might live long enough to see it end and supplies become plentiful!
Turning 30 in June ha!
Hopefully I'll be able to reload by 40

#4. Hammers. Usually have them in stock. Very accurate!

Hammer bullets are always available and in my opinion superior to the LRX.

I've definitely been looking at them, but I've heard that they're "trickier" to load for, and it being my first reloading project I was hesitant to start there, so many options out there makes a new guys head spin

I'm also in the process of gathering the necessary equipment to start reloading.
1, does anyone have any 6.5 brass that they would let go of for less than a kidney?

3, what primers should I be looking for and does anyone have any they would let go of?

Components for reloading are hard to come by presently. Go the supplier that are well known, and put your name in the pot. Plug in on the wish list. What you are asking for everybody is looking for. Brass some are better and some not so good.

Last edited:

Looks like most posts are talking components. So if you are building a "Custom" 1. Have your Smith get the Alex Wheeler AW2 reamer. 2. Is this a fun gun or hunting gun? Either way I would suggest a 7.5 twist barrel so you will have more options with monolithics, which you have to shoot in Commifornia. Good luck on your project.

PH

Looks like most posts are talking components. So if you are building a "Custom" 1. Have your Smith get the Alex Wheeler AW2 reamer. 2. Is this a fun gun or hunting gun? Either way I would suggest a 7.5 twist barrel so you will have more options with monolithics, which you have to shoot in Commifornia. Good luck on your project.

PH
It will primarily be a hunting rifle, and by custom I just meant all individually sourced components rather than a factory rifle. I've got a defiance anti-x I'm building off of, but I'm pretty new to all this so maybe that's not a true custom I honestly don't know.
What's the special reamer for? I'll talk to my gunsmith about it today, thanks

I've definitely been looking at them, but I've heard that they're "trickier" to load for, and it being my first reloading project I was hesitant to start there, so many options out there makes a new guys head spin
Hammers are some of the easiest bullets to load for. Great terminal performance as well. Don't be afraid to try them. Just be certain the bullet you order will stabilize in your barrel. Faster the twist the better.