Anyone using VX-5HD

What about dialing for distance VX3HD vs VX5HD?
No difference at all in my experience. My old vx3 from the early 90s still dial perfectly and I have my longest kill with one. 800 yards on an antelope. Same scope on a bull 648 yards. Total confidence on it for +30 years.

@BFDGUNS. I have heard the same thing. I have a vx6 3-18x50 and a vx5 3-15x44 i bought new in the last year. I can't tell one bit of difference.
I could have almost purchased three vx5 I just drank kool aid and got the vx6 first.
I am on the fence if the extras that come with the VX6HD are worth it. I really really like the Alumina flip caps and I didn't think I would ever use the internal leveling system, but on my last few long range shots I did and think it is better than a bubble level.

I am on the fence if the extras that come with the VX6HD are worth it. I really really like the Alumina flip caps and I didn't think I would ever use the internal leveling system, but on my last few long range shots I did and think it is better than a bubble level.
You are essentially paying $300 for that leveling technology. You know how many degrees off you need to be for it to register?

I shot a majority of my game with a vx3 tact,blackring,mildot,14x.Out past 800,and close.Never felt lacking,then moved to a Mark4,tmr,still using,20x.Then a mark 5 that I love,but its 5-25x56,not a packer for me.

I have both the vx3hd 3.5-10x40 and the vx5hd 3-15x44. Looked through and compared the vx6hd and just bought the Alumina caps with vx5hd. 15 vs 18 is not worth $$ difference to me. The vx3 is a great scope, but the vx5 is just better and worth it to me. I love the fire dot duplex on vx5.

There not. Trust me. I have both and almost could have bought two VX5HDs for one VX6. Same glass quality less bells and whistles.

There not. Trust me. I have both and almost could have bought two VX5HDs for one VX6. Same glass quality less bells and whistles.
When I bought mine it was more about the magnification range I was looking for than features. Although I like to dial for wind on long range shots, so the exposed windage turret was a plus for me. I already had 3 VX5HD's 3-15. I dont think the 4-20 was out yet, or at least it wasn't in stock.

The VX5/6HD use the same glass. The differences are in the magnification range, turrets, reticles, etc...

Anyone using the Leupold VX5HD 4-20x52
On their deer rifle ?
I hunt in the open and in cover shots can be close as 75 yards in cover and up to 600 in the open although most are 2 to 300 yards .
My current setup just doesn't cut it in the low light early or late in the evening during legal shooting time and was thinking on the above mentioned. Any thoughts ?

My hunting style is pretty much spot on to yours.

On my long range rig I'm running a 4-24 VX6-HD and my other rig has 3-18 VX6-HD. I'm running 3-15 pst gen II on my AR. They all have their place.

Some say you don't need above 12-15 or so but imo when you stretch way out there the extra power is really nice.