Anyone using VX-5HD

reloaderlen

Anyone using the Leupold VX5HD 4-20x52
On their deer rifle ?
I hunt in the open and in cover shots can be close as 75 yards in cover and up to 600 in the open although most are 2 to 300 yards .
My current setup just doesn't cut it in the low light early or late in the evening during legal shooting time and was thinking on the above mentioned. Any thoughts ?

I have a 3-15 I run on my coyote rifle. Never had an issue with anything on it. I had it on my 7mag one deer season was a brand new gun and didn't have new scope for it yet so grabbed that one and sited it in. Shot a coyote at 1100 yards with it.

Great glass and I love the fire dot. If I had to find a complaint it would be that with the fire dot I'd prefer a slightly thinner reticle. Because of the dot there's no worry of losing the cross hairs in dark timber, so I'd be ok with a finer point of aim. Otherwise I've been very happy with it, especially compared to the weight of other optics in this class.

I've got 2 of the 2-10x for my eastern deer hunting needs. I love them but just bought a zeiss conquest 4 that I think is going to be an equal to the vx5. Can't go wrong either way.

Anyone using the Leupold VX5HD 4-20x52
On their deer rifle ?
I hunt in the open and in cover shots can be close as 75 yards in cover and up to 600 in the open although most are 2 to 300 yards .
My current setup just doesn't cut it in the low light early or late in the evening during legal shooting time and was thinking on the above mentioned. Any thoughts ?
I've got 4- VX5HD scopes. The 3-15 model is plenty for double your range. The 20X helps for range work and really fine tuning the groups but for game or hunting, it's plenty of scope.

I got a vx5 hd 4-20 last year and have been super happy with it. Shot a buck at like 50 yards this year and a buck antelope at 350. Glass is super clear and crisp. Did a lot of range shooting with it out to 900 and performed flawlessly. I have the tmoa reticle and it is pretty fine but i had no problem with low light early morning. Havent had a chance to really field test it at night but im sure it would be good within shooting hours.

I agree with all the positive responses. I have two VX5 3-15x44 and one VX6 3-18x50.
All with Fire dot Duplex reticle and CDS to dial up for distance, and hold over for windage. I replaced Nikon and Burris scopes because of the light weight, extremely good glass, and the bitchen Fire dot reticle. Hunting at night in Texas there were times I lost sight of the non-illuminated reticle, so these are mandatory for those situations. I've shot animals from 70 to 660 yards and have not needed any more or less magnification.
They are great scopes for the money!

I have two of the 3x15x44 with the plain duplex. I really like them for deer hunting simple crosshairs and can dial if I need to and also clear as can be. I plan on getting a few more in the future.