Any recommended gun safes? Liberty Revere 72 vs Cannon Wide Body 64??

Does anyone have a recommendation on a quality gun safe? I would like to keep it at or below $1,500 and have about 60 minutes of fire protection.

I was looking at a Liberty Revere 72 on the Tractor Supply website, but the reviews are not the greatest. They claim the metal on the door is so thin it will flex when opened and someone could get in with a crowbar (no idea if this is true or not). I was hoping someone on here would have that safe and could confirm? I am also considering the Cannon 64 gun Wide Body - again, about the same reviews as the Liberty (some great, some bad).

I was originally going to spend the extra $100 for the Liberty because it was American made, but I believe this Revere model is not? So at this point, I will consider all brands and all options - I would also like to keep it at a minimum of 48 guns.
Find a Liberty dealer and buy a safe. Not the same quality through outlet stores as from a dealer. Lifetime warranty with Liberty.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a quality gun safe? I would like to keep it at or below $1,500 and have about 60 minutes of fire protection.

I was looking at a Liberty Revere 72 on the Tractor Supply website, but the reviews are not the greatest. They claim the metal on the door is so thin it will flex when opened and someone could get in with a crowbar (no idea if this is true or not). I was hoping someone on here would have that safe and could confirm? I am also considering the Cannon 64 gun Wide Body - again, about the same reviews as the Liberty (some great, some bad).

I was originally going to spend the extra $100 for the Liberty because it was American made, but I believe this Revere model is not? So at this point, I will consider all brands and all options - I would also like to keep it at a minimum of 48 guns.
I have two safes, one I purchased and one my X gave me, some F er broke into my house when I was in the process of moving, stole a Browning Belgium .22 auto that was my fathers, a Benelli 12ga, Mauser custom 270 that was a nail driver, they hit the dial about 6 times and open it right up, JUNK safe, so you get what you pay for, the other safe was unharmed.

Ironman Safes, Dalton, Idaho. Made right here in northern Idaho and it works. There use to be a company in Long Beach, California and another in Pennsylvania. Perhaps one more… but all tge rest serm to come from China. There is one in the Boise, Idaho area but they got bought out by China and are less than half the safe they were.

... so you get what you pay for, the other safe was unharmed.
I agree. There is a difference depending on if you are simply trying to lock up some guns to keep the children away from them, or if you are trying to protect against theft/ fire damage. In my mind the big box safe offerings (low $$$) will work for the first ... but you need to buy a "real safe" (more $$$) for the second.

I bought mine at Cabela's a few years ago before the cost of everything skyrocketed. Cabela's/BPS no longer offer the Browning Hawg (and Browning's site itself is blocked on the internet filter I have to operate behind so I cannot tell if they still sell it) :

I really like it. A very important consideration was in-door long gun storage and a wide door to maximize that capacity. My boys shoot competitive trap and skeet and I needed something that reduced safe chatter for guns that get used a lot.

Also don't put your safe in the basement, your house catches on fire, firetruck arrives, sprays water and it all goes in the basement. Fire tape never seals because not enough heat and your safe is full of water. Just a thought. Besides a bitch to get down there.

Take a look at these two images. Left is a big-box discount safe ... notice the locking pins (total of 5). Notice the safe on the right ... it has 13 locking pins that are heavier/longer. Left safe OK for children. Right safe would be preferable for theft prevention.

1649168193097.png
1649168526126.png

I got one from cabelas a few years ago it weighs 1000 pounds empty holds I think 20 and it's supposed to be 40 or more but recently saw video of Pendleton safes that have a rotating storage so you you can get to any gun any time I wish they made it to put in other safes it seems pretty cool and actually looks to hold what it advertised

I've had my Liberty safe for about 20 years. It's been trouble free. Plenty of room. Easy to operate.

I would definitely recommend Fort Knox. I bought one and I was so impressed I bought a second one for spillover. My FFL here in Burlingame, CA said he would only use them and his gun shop has been broken into twice and they didn't get into the safes. If bolted internally they are very hard to break into or haul away. My cheaper one was delivered and installed for $2.7K in San Francisco, but 700 of that was delivery and installation so if you can go a tad higher you and pick it up yourself you might swing it.

Not sure if it was mentioned but ............

The number of rifles that will fit in ANY safe, including my Brownings, is exactly HALF of the claimed number of firearms that they tell you. A 30 gun safe will hold a maximum of 15 scoped rifles and you may need some lubricant to get them all in there. 30 broomsticks and/or handguns may fit but definitely not scoped longguns.

Bolting a safe to the wall and floor is a wise precaution because it makes it harder to access the back of the safe. The back is the easiest place to cut into a safe for a determined and knowledgeable thief.
True. My bigger safe said something like 16 rifles but in reality it will hold about 4 if you don't want them clanking together and scratching each other. LOL I don't think you could get 16 barrels in this thing if they had bolts in them.