Any difference in 150 and 165 TTSX

JPHunter

I'm already shaking my head at asking a stupid question but I'll do it all the same.

So I bought a sako A7 in 30-06 and want to run some TTSX through it. Hung up on whether to go 150 or 165 and can't really see much of a benefit/drawback of either.

The 165 has better bc but only by a bees privates, which I think is negligible.

I shoot out to 600yds on game which is at the end of what a TTSX should be shot at I think (have shot tahr out further no worries though).

I'm no ballistics king aside from the basic knowledge that allows me to work up loads for my rifle. Is there anything I'm not considering between the two?

Or is it a half a dozen of one situation?

I think the main thing playing on my mind is that my gun will like one and not the other, for around $80 per 50 I'm not overly keen on buying both just to find out!

Cheers gentleman,

Jp

150s shoot awesome out of my dads win 70 mountain rifle and deer have never walked away from them gun)

JPHunter, As you accurately noted, no significant difference. I'm always a fan of heavier, BUT, they've so close that's it's irrelevant. Go with what shoots best! memtb

I can't see that much difference either, and since the 150 is still a long bullet, and since its going a tad faster, it will give a good account in fighting the wind. Either will shoot through an elk broadside ( well, maybe not if shoulder bones are in the way but it will be under the hide!) Really, the 130, if available, would be worth looking at first....faster speed, shorter time of flight (to help fight the wind) and plenty of penetration....But unless you want to shoot the occasional banteng or buffalo, I see not real use in the 165 over the 150...from a 30-06, and even then, the 130TTSX behind the ear will do them also! ha Good luck to you Mate!.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.