Anti-fog lens treatments

Litehiker

My Bushnell ERS tactical scope has a good factory anti-fog/rain lens coating.

I'm wondering if the anti-fog coating I use on the inside of my ski goggles would be OK for my SWFA 5 - 15 42 scope? SWFA doesn't put a permanent anti-fog on their lenses.

SWFA sez "Try it." so I'm going to, hoping it won't hurt the multi-coating on the lenses since it doesn't bother the plastic lenses of my goggles.

Eric B.

FWIW I have read countless posts on this subject and have read where guys have used various products from shaving cream to Rain-X windshield treatment to a product called Kat Krap to various home made solutions.

I did try Kat Krap MULTIPLE times on my glasses but I could never get it to work.

I'm first trying an anti-fog lens cloth.

If that doesn't work well I do have a small container of Cat Crap and I'll try that.

I don't think there is anything in these applications that is chemically harsh and that will damage lens coatings and I will let you know how they work out next fall.

Stay tuned.

Eric B.

I bought this product at a gun show last month . So far so good...

Home Page

I am not affiliated in any way with this company ,other than purchasing there product...

Thanks for the link savatage. That nu-view2 stuff looks promising. I ordered some last week, and paid with Paypal. I got the Paypal notification right away (on the 7th), but Nu-view2 hasn't even confirmed or acknowledged my order. I sent them a message on their "contact us" page, plus sent emails to two different email addresses listed on the page, still no response as of today, 6:00 pm Central time. Maybe they are real busy?
It's only a $17.95 order, so maybe they don't acknowledge small orders. I also read that they do lots of auto shows and sports shows, so maybe they are away.

Just another note: Almost a week, and still have not received an order confirmation from Nu-view2, or any response from the emails I sent to three different people listed under the "contact us" section of their website..

I emailed them to.And requested a phone number. I will get that to you if they e mail me back. For the record there lens product was demonstrated at a gun show I attended in cadillac, mi . Were I bought it from.

lens%20002_zpsck4jebrm.jpg

The large bottle that I have .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.