Anti-fog

hidesert

What do you use for anti-fog on your binos? I'm talking about something that works when you climbed up 1000 feet and you're sweating like a pig and it's 15 degrees. I paid good money for good optics and it's all a waste when you put them up to your sweaty eyes and they instantly fog over.

The little cloth that came with the binos...

as long as the binos aren't broke and don't fog up on the inside, I just wipe off any condensation with a micro fiber cloth. If a seal is broken then the bino will need to be fixed and nitrogen purged.

No it's not the inside and the cloth is long gone. I know I had a bottle of something before that worked to prevent the fogging on the outside. I just can't remember what it was.

Spray can lemon sented pledge...

Spray some on a Dipper cloth,,, fold it up and store it in a Zip-lock bag...

Wipe it on the glass,,, then remove the excess with another dry cloth,,, eliminates fog and rain beeds off...

Keep the Zip bag inside your hunting clothing when it drops bellow freezing down below -40 to -60,,, it won't work if it's frozen...

PS: Make sure it's the aerosol spray since the CF in it helps reduce fogging...

The non aerosol spray doesn't work with a crap...

Cheers from the North

Learn to use them in cold weather, and you won't need gimmicks/. Fold/push in the eyecups and brace them against your orbit bone/brow instead of putting them in your eye socket. Keep good clearance/airflow and the problem goes away......

On binos and scope glasses, They can be wiped off with dry cloth (microfiber is better at preventing scratches) or washed off.
If you have fog inside your camera lens, that is a different issue.

Rain-x
I wear glasses and the problem is magnified because of the glasses and a hat on the head.......
Can't see much good without the glasses...but let the heat escape by removing your hat.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.