Lens cleaning.??

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Jake in NC, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Jake in NC

Jake in NC Well-Known Member

..Hey guys.. Acting on the "hot tip" from Sheldon Charron the Kowa big eyes are in hand.. I noticed the lenses have a little funk on'em.. What's the best way to clean them properly.?? For some reason I'm a little hesitant to break out the Leupold lens cleaner.. What do you guys suggest.?? JiNC

PS--Mannn.. These things are schweeeeeett.!!

2. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Hey Jake how are ya...

I use some lens cleaner the eye doctor gave my father for his glasses.. I bet you can go to Wally World and get some... just my .02.. then i use one of the lens cloths you get when you buy a scope and use them to keep clean..

Glad to see someone from GGVG..over here with my other bunch of friends...

How far from Burnsville are ya???

3. jcpython357

jcpython357 Well-Known Member

Jake, Read Matt's post a few down from yours, that was all covered in his. ACETONE with a cotton swab is where it's at, man. But not fingernail polish remover. [​IMG] J

4. Jake in NC

Hey Rick.. I live about 2 hours north of Burnsville.. But the club is just across the county line (Pee Dee River) in Richmond county.. Mi casa es su casa.. d:^) JiNC

5. Jake in NC

..I'll check that thread Jay.. Thanks.!! JiNC

6. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Jake,

In-laws have a cabin on top of the mountain just west of Burnsville... neat area!!!

If I get that way this fall I'll bring a varmint rifle and you can show me around!!!

7. augustinaustin

augustinaustin Well-Known Member

MEK is what Nightforce told me. Cleans and Evaporates right now! Home Depot has it in a Qt.

8. jcpython357

jcpython357 Well-Known Member

August, Did you ever get a whif of MEK? It's pretty nasty, Acetone goes on and it's already dried like the day before last,I use it at work all the time, stuffs a great cleaner for cleaning over oil based cleaners that we use on our machines where we need to be clean for food carton manufacture(Hotpockets). [​IMG] [​IMG] Jay