Lens Fogging Problem

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by yotefever, Jan 15, 2009.

1. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone knows of something that works to prevent your scope lens from fogging up. I've tried a few things but nothing works. If it would work on my shooting glasses that would also be a plus.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. realbuff

realbuff Member

Try Clarity Defogit. they have what they call a nano film. You can get it online. Their phone number is 800 883-6266. I just received some and rubbed a streak on my truck window. When the window fogged up the streak was clear. I tried it on sunglasses and went hiking, they never did fog up like they usually do. I haven't tried it on my scope or binos yet.

3. dmickey

dmickey Member

You may need to send the scope back to the manufacturer. A fogging scope is a sign that the nitrogen that once filled the scope has leaked out.

4. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

It's condensation on the outside.

5. TerryLamb

TerryLamb Active Member

I used to resort to carrying a pocketful of toilet paper to continually clean the condensation and snow or rain off my lenses. Then I went to flip-up covers which solved some of the problem, except for a bitter experience where they popped open in the brush in the rain, and I re-closed them on already wet lenses. Trapped moisture then fogged the scope even worse, losing me a fine bull after days of gut-busting hunting.

Now I use exclusively stretchable neoprene covers with instant release. They are made in Alaska. Try a google search for scopeshield neoprene or scopeshield alaska.