Lens Fogging Problem

yotefever

I was hoping someone knows of something that works to prevent your scope lens from fogging up. I've tried a few things but nothing works. If it would work on my shooting glasses that would also be a plus.

Thanks,
Mike

Try Clarity Defogit. they have what they call a nano film. You can get it online. Their phone number is 800 883-6266. I just received some and rubbed a streak on my truck window. When the window fogged up the streak was clear. I tried it on sunglasses and went hiking, they never did fog up like they usually do. I haven't tried it on my scope or binos yet.

You may need to send the scope back to the manufacturer. A fogging scope is a sign that the nitrogen that once filled the scope has leaked out.

I used to resort to carrying a pocketful of toilet paper to continually clean the condensation and snow or rain off my lenses. Then I went to flip-up covers which solved some of the problem, except for a bitter experience where they popped open in the brush in the rain, and I re-closed them on already wet lenses. Trapped moisture then fogged the scope even worse, losing me a fine bull after days of gut-busting hunting.

Now I use exclusively stretchable neoprene covers with instant release. They are made in Alaska. Try a google search for scopeshield neoprene or scopeshield alaska.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts