Antelope gun choice

So that you wont need to go and look it up...

"Overkill "is the use of excessive force or action that goes further than is necessary to achieve its goal....

Since you are getting academic about the topic, the term "overkill" was a term of military origin and used in the description of nuclear destruction. Even the extensions of the term was, and is still applied in a predominantly in a military context.
If you really wanted to get technical about the topic, and take the liberty of spin that you have applied, a more appropriate example of your use of the term "overkill", in our shooting world, is the use of a 22 rimfire for hunting rabbits. Using a 100 foot pounds of energy, 22 LR round, on a two pound rabbit would roughly equate to 10,000 foot pounds of energy used on a 200 pound whitetail.
I think you can make a better case for your argument in the rimfire section of this forum (LOL)

bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Midwesthunter,

You seem to have some nice rifles to hunt with. If it were me I would take two rifles but would lean towards your Grandpa's gun. Not because of the caliber, just because it was your Grandpa's.

I think all 3 of your rifles are fine for your 200-600 yard shots. Good luck with your decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts