Another tired old bullet question & powder

freebird63

I currently own a 280 Ackley Improved, kinda still wished I would have held out for a 7MM, but this deal was too good to pass up.
When I first got the gun I bought a couple of boxes of accubond 140gr and 2 jugs of H4831SC and also got different primers-federal 210's and WLR's.
The gun cam with some brass. I ran out to the desert to shoot a few rounds and found out the WLR primers seemed to shoot best.
Then I was talking to Aaron Davidson and he suggested 168gr bergers.
I started looking at other bullets and found I had enuff money to buy a box of 162gr A-Max bullets, loaded some up with H4831SC and some with H1000, to my suprise the H1000 loads were shooting great at 200 yards. Then I started thinking maybe I should try some 154gr SST's, I have not made it that far yet.
The gun is a complete custom, 26" Douglas barrel with 1-9 twist, nightforce 20moa rail, sightron 6-24X50 -S3 with mil-dot reticle.
I would like to stay with hodgdon extreme powder as hunting season in Idaho varries from the summers big time. How do these two powders compare?? IMR 4350 and IMR 4831 with temp stability???
Now as far as bullets go here is out in the man cave.
140gr accubonds
154gr hornady SST's
162gr hornady A-Max
So come on guys give a brother some advice here.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.