Yet another "which bullet?" question

Tikkamike

I get tired of seeing these sometimes yet here I am seeking experience based advise from my fellow LRHrs I am preparing for a 6.5x284 build using my old beloved tikka 25-06 as the donor. Here is what I am looking for. I want an extremely acurate bullet the flys well but also kills well. I am NOT going to use a berger I have personally seen them fail multiple times in a 6.5 and I just dont like them in this application. I know the SMK is virtually identical to the berger but I think they have a slightly thicker jacket so I am not against those in a 140 or a 142, others I am considering are the accubond and the 130 scirroco. I would love if someone out there had a reasonably priced 150-160 but there are none that I know of. So what do you 6.5 guys reccomend? This rifle is going to be used to smack a lot of steel and some long range deer and antelope, maybe a competition or two. I am not looking for extreme long range I am thinking 1200-1500 will be about as far as I ever shoot but mostly around 800-1200.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.