Another cleaning question

I take my firing pin assembley out run a couple patches with whatever bore cleaner I'm using up in their then give it a good brushing with a bore brush that fits semi tight then spraw it out with Gun Scruber followed by a couple light patches of oil then a couple dry ones so not to leave any more oil than is needed. I then give the firing pin asemble a good coating with the bore cleaner ler sit then spray down with Gun Scruber and a light coat of oil.
I take my bolts down for cleaning about ever 100 rounds or so or if the gun gets wet or extra dirty for some reason.

I'm having one built that I may have Robar NP3 coat the inside and out of the bolt

If your able to disasemble it on your own, any good parts washer solvent works great. Gun Scrubber, brake cleaner in a spray can will get into the tight areas and spring holes.

After its clean and dry, you can use a non freezing oil to lightly coat the springs and such. Another good lube is a dry moly powder, very slick and no build up. Most oils will turn to a gummy substance and if it gets cold your firing pin will slow down or even not fire. I use the Sentry Solutions Moly Armorers kit, it has all that is needed to slickum up your gun. Moly powder, Alcohol-moly, and moly grease for your locking lugs.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.