Annealing A-Square Brass

shphtr

I am reloading a 375 Weatherby for an up coming Kodiak bear hunt. Having secured a pilot for my AMP annealer I am trying to find out the maker for this brass. It is headstamped "A-Square" but doubt if they are the actual manufacturer. If anyone has any idea of the manufacturer or even better yet the best setting to use on the old "standard AMP annealet" I am all ears. The combined knowledge base on this web site is huge and I am hoping someone might be able to help me with the information that I am seeking. I plan to use an old reliable pre-64 Win that I usually relegate just to bear hunting.

The 375 a-square is a cartridge (if I'm understanding your post)-- it's based off the 378 Weatherby but not the same

Does the headstamp look like one of these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-075818_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-075818_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 69
No, the brass is preformed and head stamped 375 Weatherby and comes in a plastic 20 round A-Square box.

I am pretty sure A-Square produced their own brass and ammo.
I can't really help with the AMP setting, but can't you just flame anneal them for now?
I have a flame annealer and, I always anneal my H&H brass prior to fireforming to Weatherby with COW. I just can't do it with bullets, doesn't feel right to me.
At one time, I think they may have sourced brass through Remington, but not 100% sure if this is correct.

Cheers.

If I am unable to determine AMP settings then I will have to revert to the old flame/color change method - did that for years but the AMP is so much better that I am throughly spoiled.

You might try what I did 3 years ago, I downloaded the Aztec upgrade on my older unit. It's easy to install and does the same as the new AMP units. Sure saved a lot of problems.

You might try what I did 3 years ago, I downloaded the Aztec upgrade on my older unit. It's easy to install and does the same as the new AMP units. Sure saved a lot of problems.
Exactly. It will analyze one piece of brass (and ruin it in the process) but it will determine the right setting. Do you have the proper pilot?