Annealing Brass

scottwwv

Is there any demand or a desire to have brass annealed with a AMP (Annealing Made Perfect) machine for forum members for a small fee. I just wanted to know if anyone would like brass annealed. Anyone can look up this machine as see they are about the best there is for small scale annealing and just about any brass. I have seen 2 or 3 places at .20 to .25 cents but I feel that is a little too rich. Let me know your thoughts.
Scott.

in my opinion that is way too much, when you add the cost of postage there and back you would save money just by buying new brass.
For annealing I have a Lee melting pot (the one without the bottom pour), a set of spark plug wires and a cookie sheet. Total cost of less than $60.00. Fill pot with wheel weights set to 650 deg. when the pot is up to temp flux with a bit of candle wax, hold the brass with the plyers and dip it up to the shoulder for 3 or 4 seconds, remove and place to cool on the cookie sheet.
But, first the brass has to be deprimed and clean!
Sorry it has come to my attention that I made a huge error here I wrote to use a set of spark plug wires What I ment was spark plug plyers (that can be had at any UAP/NAPA store.

Last edited:
Is there any demand or a desire to have brass annealed with a AMP (Annealing Made Perfect) machine for forum members for a small fee.
There is a guy on AccurateShooter that does case prep.

There is a market but it's a tough way to earn a buck.

I think there was a guy in CA, his handle was Killshot , that did it for .10-.15 cents per case. Shipping was extra IIRC. Couple of shooting friends have AMP's, top of the line equipment I understand. I sent cases off in the past, but do my own now with an Annealeez. Hope you can get a following, I'm sure there's some interest.

in my opinion that is way too much, when you add the cost of postage there and back you would save money just by buying new brass.
For annealing I have a Lee melting pot (the one without the bottom pour), a set of spark plug wires and a cookie sheet. Total cost of less than $60.00. Fill pot with wheel weights set to 650 deg. when the pot is up to temp flux with a bit of candle wax, hold the brass with the plyers and dip it up to the shoulder for 3 or 4 seconds, remove and place to cool on the cookie sheet.
But, first the brass has to be deprimed and clean!

I realize that this discussion was 3 months ago , but I was searching posts for information on annealing rifle brass and came across this .
Now the question : What part do the spark plug wires play ?
Just curious . I have a Lee production pot and access to wheel weights .
Second question : After the brass has been dipped into the molten lead , does the lead adhere to the brass case , and if so , how is it removed ?

Thank You ,
DMP25-06

Killshot is doing his for .15 or so for per piece for forum members of Sniper's Hide. That price point is likely a pretty decent one. if folks sent you boxes with flat rate boxes (meaning several hundred at a time) it might work out well for both sides.

Jeffvn

I realize that this discussion was 3 months ago , but I was searching posts for information on annealing rifle brass and came across this .
Now the question : What part do the spark plug wires play ?
Just curious . I have a Lee production pot and access to wheel weights .
Second question : After the brass has been dipped into the molten lead , does the lead adhere to the brass case , and if so , how is it removed ?

Thank You ,
DMP25-06
if you try it you will see that as you lift the brass from the molten lead the lead will not stick to it (that is if you use clean unprimed brass) But if you need insurance just give it a small tap on the side of the pot as you put it down, I have never had to do that.

Last edited:
if you try it you will see that as you lift the brass from the lead the lead will not stick to it (that is if you use clean unprimed brass) But if you need insurance just jive it a small tap on the side of the pot as you put it down, I have never had to do that
and it is spark plug wrench not wires sorry for the confusion!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.