Am I seeing this right?

Tikkamike

I am building a 338 lapua on a 700 long action. My barrel and brake are stainless and the action is blued. I want to put stainless bottom metal on it bet everywhere I look its $250 plus am I just having bad luck? I dont want anything special just stainless bottom metal it can be remington or whatever. That seems really high considering I had a custom fluted bolt built by PT&G for not much more than what bottom metal appears to cost. If anyone has a link or some stainless metal they want to sell let me know

Mike.

My buddy tore down a stainless LA BDL for a custom build. Let me see if he still has the bottom metal and I'll hit you back on a PM. Ithought I saw it cheaper at Midway the other day. Maybe Remington direct? I know they have parts orders dept.

Yeah I saw the link already that you sent me but I wasnt sure if those 5 finishes pictured were all tactical steel or what. Guess I will call PTG and see what they can tell me.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.