Am I crazy for wanting a 300 PRC?

Everyone should have a capable 30 caliber rifle, i've got a couple 300wby's that only get used on special occasion but i'm sure glad to have them when that occasion happens! :)

all of the prc lines are legitimate and will be around for sometime and hornady supplying the food chain. If I didn't have so many wby calibers I would have every prc line personally - some maybe i'm not the voice of reason! :)

Tank, If you like the caliber and action, don't feel limited by your current circumstances. Lots of der shot in WI with large 30 caliber magnums, often at "bow range". One of my instructors in A&P school used a 458 Winchester! Plus if you do decide to go out west, you'll not be under gunned for anything the lower 48 has to offer. Lots of people out west shoot pronghorn with large 30 cals and 338's as well.

Gotta love the choices we have. Enjoy your choice and the process!
Thanks Tiny Tim!

That seems to be the general opinion and I don't own a single one!

rob.gif

I built a 300 PRC ELR rifle a few years back. It has a 30" 1/8 twist straight 1.200" profile barrel and weighs right at 20 lbs. I'm lighting 72.0 grains of Reloder 26 with a GM215M primer in Lapua brass which is pushing the 250gr Hornady A-Tip right at 2800 FPS with single digit SD/ES. The ballistics are absolutely stellar! Under 7mrad at 1000 yards and around 13.5 at 1500 yards.

Recent Posts