Am I stuck with a 300wsm

eddybo

Lucked into a real steal on a custom 300wsm by a really great builder. I have never had any dealing with the 300wsm. I was excited about the buy...thinking a little rechamber job and I got a heck of a eteal on a 300UM. Ididnt even think about the fact that this gun may be built on a short action. I bought the gun saturday morning and had it my possession about 3 minutes, didnt even really look at it. Now I am on vacation and the gun is back home in the safe. I cant say for sure that the gun is built on a short action...but if it is, am I stuck with the wsm?

How is that bad? 300 WSM is a great caliber. Besides you are never stuck with a good deal on a rifle. Just sell it.

you are right ...not stuck with this one...the sum of its parts is way greater than what I paid....could sell the gun alone for what I paid and keep the glass as afreebie....i wonder if any one is interested in a don geraci built remington with a bartlien barrel in a mcmillan a5 with a nightforce 5.5x22x56 nf rings and bases 20 moa and a harris bipod...with a very ugly camo paint job....It may be for sale soon. I am going to read up on the wsm and shoot it a little if I do not fall in love with it I will sell it.

Let me know before you decide to sell that thing , or I minght have to hold your MK-V for ransom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You will get first shot at it if I decide to sell.....since I am not selling at least until my 6mm barrel comes in...start hiding money from the wife, you have at least 10 weeks. If you want to try it out head up my way sometime....or find some where down your way we can burn some powder.

[ QUOTE ]
What yall gonna do with a lil babymag? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nyles, I am going to punch 66 holes in some paper at 600yds .....prbly the extent of it...decided I wanted to shoot F Class unlimited around the first of the year ...now I cant quit buying rifles for this pursuit even though I have never shot in a match. First Saturday of next month there is an Fclass shoot in louisiana (palo alto plantation) why dont you pack up a rifle and come shoot....trying to talk JDJones into it too. Hell you wont even have to pack a gun, I done went and bought three. I will say that I have never even shot a target at 600 yds. Furthest I have ever shoot is 500 (longest stretch I can find on my land.) I got a pretty decent 300yd range if anyone ever wants to use it. I am going to be building cement benches this summer.

Just messing with ya!....shoot paper? Man I ve gotta ready for deer season! Hell only got 7 months and alot to do! Anyway good luck! The 500 to 600 isnt that big a leap.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts