Am home after 18 months Whooo Hoooo

Welcome home my friend! Gee, it seems like just yesterday you left, how time flys ........... especially at our age. Dont forget about mama in your zeal to pop some caps, but get out there and "smoke-a-pack-a-day"!

Good for you! I can sure relate to that wonderful feelin'!! Sleepin' in the backyard this time of year made me chuckle. Pull on that NXS, you can't hurt it.

Roy, I'm glad everything arrived and I hope you are happy with your new stuff. Looks like kudos to Hart barrels also for helping us out in a very timely manner.

Its been a busy week.

Last week's woof hunt fizzled. Roads were closed North of Idaho Falls. Had to turn back. Made it too long of a day to come back to I/F and go through Challis.

Heading out this Tuesday. Taking an ATV while the son in law attempts to snag a steel head.

Will have a LRH rig ready to go, tested to at least 650 yards. There just ain't enough time in a day.

I'm going to head up Colson Creek on the North Fork of the Salmon River. The son in law has the fishin' fever so I'm tagging along. Will see if I can learn were the woofs are. The locals are pretty open about their location. But I've also learned that the locals operate on rumor which can leave one hanging.

For those who asked. I was in Salt Lake City for 18 months assisting people in finding their ancestors. Was very enjoyable. Also it was very good to be near such great medical facilities. I'm in much better shape now than when I went. Going later this week to have a cyst removed from a kidney. Some kind of a tiny robot does the work. Sure hope it isn't run by Legos. :) I'll have some super glue handy just in case they need it.:rolleyes:

It looks like I'll be using 150 Ballistic Tips in the 270 AM. I'll know for sure in the morning. I have the drop chart worked out for that bullet at 3500 FPS. I've connected with small rocks with that load to just over 1400 yds. Sure hope the wind isn't blowing. The Nosler offerings BC sux.

I am at this point actually feeling remorse that I rode the 270 AM so hard. But I did love every moment of it. There must be a good treatment for EOBLR. That would be End Of Barrel Life Remorse.:)

Thanks to Derek M. the replacement barrel in down stairs. However, it is a 28"r with smaller contour. Maybe I'll be able to carry it versus lug it.:) I do like big and beefy vs delicate. There is enough of big and beefy in the 375 AM to do even me.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.