AI Artificial Intelligence

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I recently saw an updated 2023 documentary on Artificial Inteligent's.
On a supercomputer when putting in information on "Cancer" for medical research and looking for enzymes and other tech names the computer with AI could find thousands of routes to go for a cure. Top scientists took it to the World Health organization. The AI did it in minutes which would take humans year to do. The the WHO asked it the AI could be Militarized for Terror and make a super Bio/enzyme WMD. The AI also did it in minutes. The top scientists that made the AI program immediately shut the program down.

Next they did a test with the TOP Dog Fighter in the F-22. This piolet had thousand hours of flight and many combat missions. After the AI flew the other Jet in the Dog Fight it learned within several combat moves how to bet the Top Fighter Pilot.
This is going to be the next phase in WARFARE. The Chinese already have thousands of Drones and Gen 6 Fighters that are flown by AI. Our US Government has passed a so call Law where AI can not be used to kill other humans, it has to be done by a remote human pilot.
For many years the US has been using Drones to defeat Terrorists. But did the US Government let the Drone pick and fire on the target?
For my thoughts I would go with letting the AI pick the Target. There is and always been collateral damage. Look at the bombings in London.
I am off the subject that i wanted to bring up.

There are now shooting systems (Sniper Rifles) that have a compute/laser range finder/ballistics/environmental conditions/and AI
You basically need to link up with a satellite, your GPS and everything else is downloaded/uploaded into your scope and just need to put the crosshair on where the bullet will hit.
I think that it is GREAT for the Military, but the shooter still needs to know the basics.
I think that there are Scopes on the market TODAY that will do just about anything and hit the mark (for the price).

I also thing that for hunting it will take the SKILL out of the SHOT with these newest electronic optics.
We (hunters shooters) already have a huge edge on shooting with the use of a Kestrel and Labradar.

I learned with factory information (bullet weight/velocity) then had to do all the calculations (wind, temp, mirage, use of an inclinometer (string & Gauge) judge distance in scope reticle all in my head or on paper) to make a 800yd ++ shot. Better be good at math and have a good memory if you didn't write it down.

I am sure with all the new digital electronics they will make better shots, but will they make better shooters?

Last edited:
Track point (now Talon Precision) has been out here in Austin since 2013. Not many folks are gonna hike the hills with its weight but they've got 3 or 4 models now that are 1/3 of the size from the original model.
Latest feature is controlled trigger. When operator acquires the target and pulls the trigger scope signifies hold and rifle will not fire until both crosshairs are aligned.
Can't wait for one of these to show up at a long range competition. 🧐🤔

Track point (now Talon Precision) has been out here in Austin since 2013. Not many folks are gonna hike the hills with its weight but they've got 3 or 4 models now that are 1/3 of the size from the original model.
Latest feature is controlled trigger. When operator acquires the target and pulls the trigger scope signifies hold and rifle will not fire until both crosshairs are aligned.
Can't wait for one of these to show up at a long range competition. 🧐🤔
Those are illegal for hunting in a lot of places.
I saw some of the first videos in Africa of them being used on game. I was not impressed with POI on those animals. I hope they have gotten better.

Last edited:
In the early 90's, during the first gulf war, I had a co-worker who was taking a neural network class (early AI) and the professor took a leave of absence to help refine a "fire and forget" missile that would search for enemy vehicles and destroy them. I can't imagine what they can do today.

I recently saw an updated 2023 documentary on Artificial Inteligent's.
On a supercomputer when putting in information on "Cancer" for medical research and looking for enzymes and other tech names the computer with AI could find thousands of routes to go for a cure. Top scientists took it to the World Health organization. The AI did it in minutes which would take humans year to do. The the WHO asked it the AI could be Militarized for Terror and make a super Bio/enzyme WMD. The AI also did it in minutes. The top scientists that made the AI program immediately shut the program down.

Next they did a test with the TOP Dog Fighter in the F-22. This piolet had thousand hours of flight and many combat missions. After the AI flew the other Jet in the Dog Fight it learned within several combat moves how to bet the Top Fighter Pilot.
This is going to be the next phase in WARFARE. The Chinese already have thousands of Drones and Gen 6 Fighters that are flown by AI. Our US Government has passed a so call Law where AI can not be used to kill other humans, it has to be done by a remote human pilot.
For many years the US has been using Drones to defeat Terrorists. But did the US Government let the Drone pick and fire on the target?
For my thoughts I would go with letting the AI pick the Target. There is and always been collateral damage. Look at the bombings in London.
I am off the subject that i wanted to bring up.

There are now shooting systems (Sniper Rifles) that have a compute/laser range finder/ballistics/environmental conditions/and AI
You basically need to link up with a satellite, your GPS and everything else is downloaded/uploaded into your scope and just need to put the crosshair on where the bullet will hit.
I think that it is GREAT for the Military, but the shooter still needs to know the basics.
I think that there are Scopes on the market TODAY that will do just about anything and hit the mark (for the price).

I also thing that for hunting it will take the SKILL out of the SHOT with these newest electronic optics.
We (hunters shooters) already have a huge edge on shooting with the use of a Kestrel and Labradar.

I learned with factory information (bullet weight/velocity) then had to do all the calculations (wind, temp, mirage, use of an inclinometer (string & Gauge) judge distance in scope reticle all in my head or on paper) to make a 800yd ++ shot. Better be good at math and have a good memory if you didn't write it down.

I am sure with all the new digital electronics they will make better shots, but will they make better shooters?
Not sure how the Boone and Crockett rules might change ,if ya took another part of the required skill, out of the chase.

Of course the corrupt WHO would ban something that would make them obsolete and not have the power they desire to control health care resources of entire countries.

I think AI is best served as a limited tool. Give it a specific set of guidelines to accomplish a specific task and then turn it off. I also feel it will never replace instinct, intuition, or experience. In the shooting application it removes skill but also culpability. Did you miss that animal or did the AI? Did you kill that person or did the AI? It starts to muddy the water in regards to the diffusion of personal responsibility. At what point do your actions get taken out of the equation, or it gets smart enough that you think you are still in control when you in fact are not. Then we pretty much have Skynet.

I have been using AI (or as it was called then, neural networks) since 1997 in the energy industry. I can help you process multible variable complex systems and see things you might otherwise have missed. Back then, we had a stand alon computer and it would take 2-3 days to run one simulation. With todays computer power on just PC alone, it takes no time at all, I can imagine how fast super computers would run.
The downside and upside at the same time, it needs to be "trained" first, and thats where a "human" can introduce bias. But I am a big proponent of AI!.

I suppose as most things AI has its place but here are a few of my thoughts for AI as far as I'm concerned as an individual.

1. Humans have had a history of inventing/starting things they can't control.
2. I can think for myself, don't need anyone or anything doing it for me.
3. I shoot and hunt because it is what I enjoy. I don't enjoy having someone or something else do it for me.
4. I learn to take care of myself by putting effort into it, I may not be perfect but I get better as I go. I don't need machines doing all my work and all my thinking. I am not one of those fat useless people in the movie Flubber.