Advice Needed - Savage 110BA .338 Lapua Magnum Rebarrel

KSAv8r

I have a Savage 110BA chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum that is showing throat erosion and 5 shot groups are starting to open up more than what is acceptable for me. I understand there are several barrel manufactures that make pre-fit barrels for Savage rifles. Could some of you that have had experience doing a Savage rebarrel please relate your experience and advice? I have seen threads that mentioned this is something a person with average skills could to at home. If you have gone this route would you please share your experience? Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your advice.

I have a Savage 110BA chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum that is showing throat erosion and 5 shot groups are starting to open up more than what is acceptable for me. I understand there are several barrel manufactures that make pre-fit barrels for Savage rifles. Could some of you that have had experience doing a Savage rebarrel please relate your experience and advice? I have seen threads that mentioned this is something a person with average skills could to at home. If you have gone this route would you please share your experience? Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your advice.
"If" you are referring to a pre-fit barrel, yes, it is fairly straightforward; you will need some tools/equipment. There are many "how-to instructions" on YouTube.

Last edited:
Thanks, Feenix!! Exactly what I'm looking for. Any particular barrel manufacturer you have had experience with that would garner your recommendation?

With Nightforce scope/rings and Atlas bipod, my 110BA weighs close to 24 lbs. Would like to shed some of this weight if possible. Anyone have experience with a Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum? Wondering if this barrel would handle the stress and have superior accuracy??

Thanks, Feenix!! Exactly what I'm looking for. Any particular barrel manufacturer you have had experience with that would garner your recommendation?

With Nightforce scope/rings and Atlas bipod, my 110BA weighs close to 24 lbs. Would like to shed some of this weight if possible. Anyone have experience with a Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrel chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum? Wondering if this barrel would handle the stress and have superior accuracy??
Not .338 LM, but I am very pleased with my 22" 1:7" McGowan pre-fit on my .257 WBY and 26" 1:7" X-Caliber pre-fit on my .264 WM. Good luck!