absolute best mount for my new sako?

mmiedema

Hey everybody! I have posted a couple of questions now and this forum is awesome! I just got a sako finnlight in 300 wsm for my elk/moose hunt and the gun is sweet. I only wish that they would drill and tap the recievers on the sakos though. That being said, I need some info on what is the most rock solid mount that I can get for my gun and where do I get them? I have heard people talk about conetrol and talley but don't know anything about them. Thank you for any help.

Near Mfg. Get ahold of this fellow and have him do a rail for you and get his or Badger rings and save some headaches for yourself. Been there and done that and Warne just does not make what you will want if you use a large objective 30mm tube scope. I spent alot of money finding out the hard way. Oh yeah, for SAKO it will be the best mount and rings money can buy!

I second you on this one. I have put everything you can think of on my sako and have not been satisfied. Until I received Richard's base. It may be expensive but it's worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Same opinion here, go with the Near base. I have a set of Warne's and a set of Leupolds in a shoe box that I tried first.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 2 Sako 75 rifles, a Finnlight in 30-06 and a 300 RUM. I've tried the Sako rings, the Leupolds and Warne. I like the Warne best. Leupold now makes a QD base now, that might be something to check out. I have the Leupold QD base and rings on 3 other rifles and like them. I'm not a longrange shooter \ Hunter yet. 300 yards is as far as I go. The 300 RUM has a 2-10X44 Nikon tactical scope with meduim 30mm Warne rings. The Finnlight has a high Leupold dove tail mount with a Pentax 4.5-14X50 white tail scope on it. I also have a Sightron S1 3-9 mildot with Med Leuplod dovetail mount for the Finnlight. Thought I use it as a QD scope \ backup scope. Only shot the rifle with the Pentax so far. The Sako mounts are in a shoebox with other Misc. scope mounting hardware that I don't use.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.