Best scope mount system for SAKO 75

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by SAKO75HUNTER, Aug 21, 2005.

1. SAKO75HUNTER

SAKO75HUNTER Active Member

i stripped a hex head screw on my optilocks for the 15th time. I do like the plastic insertc to maximize contact and minimize torquing of the scope. What other mounts are worth a look> ANyone try S&K rings?

2. Delta Hunter

Delta Hunter Well-Known Member

Yep, those screws can be a pain in the you know what. I've installed Conetrol mounts on one of my 75's and I like em' a lot. The only drawback to Conetrols is that they're somewhat more difficult to work with. If you're going to mount a scope and leave it, they should be fine. If you change scopes frequently they may not be the best option.

I've heard that Talley makes mounts for the 75, but I have not seen or used any.

www.conetrol.com

3. älg

älg Well-Known Member

I know saomeone out there makes picat. rails for the sako 75, but don´t have the details.

4. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I think we've already covered this, but here it is again.

www.nearmfg.com

5. timsku

timsku New Member

I would go for harder screws for those same mounts. Otherwise those are excellent mounts. If had to replace those I would probably take Burris Signature rings.

6. TheCanuck

TheCanuck Well-Known Member

Near
    Badger
    Burris Signature

My choices, in order

7. slink

slink New Member

I have talley mounts on several model 75 sako's. Great mounts, but the best I have found for the price are the 2 piece picatinny mounts made by IOR/Valdada...you can reach Val of IOR at 1-303-979-4578 and he has them in stock. They slide on the tapered dovetail like the talley and then have a set screw that goes down into the knurled surface of the 75 so the bases won't walk off...almost identical to the talley with more versatility for ring position.