a little .243 (6mm) advice please

mobenzowner

Got a Rem 700 26" varmint barrel, 1:9.125" twist from red hawk rifles a few years back. It shoots Berger 95 classics in the .2"s and occasionally in .1"s at 100 yds if I am having a good day.

I have a hodgepodge of some 100 grain bullets already, but just enough so that once I got my load developed from scratch I would be out and have to buy more. With that being the case, I would be just as well off to go ahead and buy more Berger 95's, and save wear and tear on cases and save a little powder.

With all that said (and I know, all guns are different) anybody having good luck with 100 grainers (I have both sierra and hornady's) in rifle with similar barrel twist etc.
Any troubles stabilizing 100 grainers?

Unless I get some good ideas, suggestions, I'll probably use Newberry's OCW recipe as a started point(aftter working up to of course).

Anyway thanks in advance for whatever advice sent my way.

Kevin

I have same rifle. I have been shooting 105A-max through it with great results. On good days I can hold 1/2 - 3/4 moa out to just past 800 yards. If you can get your hands on rl-26 it is definitely worth looking into I am running 3280fps at 46.5gr. with only slightly flattened primers . It is almost a compressed load with my nosler brass. With my rifle I have found best accuracy with a .035 jump.

I have same rifle. I have been shooting 105A-max through it with great results. On good days I can hold 1/2 - 3/4 moa out to just past 800 yards. If you can get your hands on rl-26 it is definitely worth looking into I am running 3280fps at 46.5gr. with only slightly flattened primers . It is almost a compressed load with my nosler brass. With my rifle I have found best accuracy with a .035 jump.

Thanks for your help. I can indeed find rl-26 where I live.

morning, I have a 243AI. I shoot 4320, Winchester brass, 210m Pr. and Lapua 77gr.

sencar-L bullets. I have tried, rl-15, 760, H-414, 4064. 4320 is a forgotten

powder. the 6mm is a forgotten caliber. I've had 6 .243 and 6mm. in AI and

standard. Only have 1 I could get to shoot. lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.