8X? 10X? 12X? For My NEW 222?

either the 10 or the 12 would be fine with me, years gone back now I did a lot of pd shooting and chuck shooting with a 240 Page and a 12X Leo with a dot. Loved that scope!

..............My 2 pennies worth, If you are going to really use it for varmint hunting I would go with the 8X for the FOV, I had a 10X on my Coyote Rig and I had trouble finding them if they were moving...........

I couldn't make 8X work on a coyote rifle enough better to talk me out of the 12X

Pick one and be thankful for the gift. Hopefully there is a significant sentimental side to the story.

l actually ended up with a 10x and 12x... l like BOTH too. 10x a bit better because it has target knobs.. 0ptics are crystal clear. l can see 22cal holes @100yds with either. T Knobs on the 10x have 'Clicks'. 12x w/o t knobs are friction. 10x centered quite well on range/azimuth. App 200 clicks up/dn. 200 rt/lft. Came back 100 on BOTH. Shooting @25yds /50/100. Only a slight adj done@100yds. ;)
l'm thinking l could use an 8X nowo_O

I would take the 12X, flip it on Ebay and buy a Leupold or Nikon 6.5-20. Perfect scope for 222. Nikon is on my BSA 222.

l recently acquired an old Lyman All American Target Scope in straight 20X Power.
Steel tube, Adjustable Objective, Chrome target Knobs, Very fine crosshairs.
lts in excellent condition. Clear, sharp optics, Great adjustments.
l plan on selling it, then see what l can find

Are you talking about a Targetspot or a scope w/internal adjustments ?

If a Targetspot I would be interested.

SS. 3 line label
1 ''ALL-AMERICAN 29X''
2 ''PERMA(+)CENTER''
3 ''Made in USA''
Huge chrome Target Knobs. External adjustments.
pm a number. l will text pix from my cel

You Are correct SS.
P M your Cel number, l will text you some pics. lts yours for $300+shipping m/o or ck.
No ppal or other net transfers

Last edited:
Sorry, not what I'm looking for. Only interested in Junior/Senior Targetspots.

Put it on Ebay it will fly away @$300 !