First victim of my new .25-06

Bowhunter57

I've been hunting coyotes and was hoping the first critter to fall victim to my new Stevens .25-06, would be a coyote. However, I'll take what walks into my scope and today it was a 14 lb. groundhog. :)

The picture shows his good side, as the other side doesn't exist. :cool: I guess a 3300 f.p.s. 85gr. Nosler BT doesn't fool around.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
Firstg-hog2.jpg

I love that camo dressing on the barrel, what is it and where can I get it?
I have a Sendero 25-06 and I need agood removable camo for that 26" stainless tube of mine, she sticks out like a black eye on a blonde.

I love that camo dressing on the barrel, what is it and where can I get it?
I have a Sendero 25-06 and I need agood removable camo for that 26" stainless tube of mine, she sticks out like a black eye on a blonde.
MikeMurf0505,
The leafywear is part of a camo suit that I cut off. I thought it would break up the outline of the barrel and look good doing so.

I know what you mean about the "black eye on a blonde", but that's better than a "rat turd in a sugar bowl." :D Either way, it needed some camo.

I can spare some, if you're interested. Each strip is about 17" long and 3" wide. I can send you 3 sections, if you'd like. Just e-mail me your address and I'll stuff some in an envelope, slap a stamp on it and send it your way. :) I tied mine on with sinew, that way it can be removed.

Bowhunter57,
I received the strips in the mail today...THANKS!
I now owe you some good photos and videos of the chucks that fall prey to my sexy 06 700 sendero SF2.

I hope the 25-06 load data I sent you helps you get some good ideas on other loads, I dont think your 85 grain load needs any help at all.

Here is one I shot at 200 yards, with an 87 grain Speer TNT, using 58 grains of H4831SC - it was an accurate load right off the bat, but when I tuned in the seating depth, and used some Accuracy Restorer the night before I shot this target - BAMM
5 shots through 1 hole at 200 yards
OH NO, I cant post the photo.....
How do I attach a PDF?

Thank you so much for the cloth, I'll shoot a pic of the finished poroduct (and what it produces.....).
Mike

I used to kill alot of ground hogs working on farms, 14 lbs ground hog is a legit kill! Nice job!

MikeMurf0505 said:
Bowhunter57,
I received the strips in the mail today...THANKS!
I now owe you some good photos and videos of the chucks that fall prey to my sexy 06 700 sendero SF2.

Thank you so much for the cloth, I'll shoot a pic of the finished poroduct (and what it produces.....).
Mike
MikeMurf0505,
You're most welcome and I hope you enjoy them! I'll be watching my e-mail for the pics of your success.

liltank said:
How far was the shot?
liltank,
It was only 110 yards, which isn't much of a test for the .25-06, but the g-hog was very dead. :D I love this rifle and caliber! There will be plenty of other kills.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts