7mm Ultra Mag

Pahunter

Im looking into getting a remington 700 lss(laminated, stainless) in 7mm ultra mag as a "carry gun" that will be used say out to 500 yards but mostly alot less. I plan on using it for whitetails and black bear around home here, plus elk in idaho and in africa. just wondering if anyone has heard of any problems with that rifle

I have a LSS in 7mm Mag and love it. Very accurate out of the box. all i did was tune the trigger to about 3.5lb and it will shoot 1/2in groups with good hand loads. The laminated with the stainless makes for a sweet looking rifle to. Laminated stocks are also very tough. Go for it
smile.gif

Pahunter,
I would like to express the fact that you are headed in a great direction. I personally have a sendero, but my best friend has a lss in 7mm ultra. He has killed many elk and whitetail with this firearm.
I think that he kicked his wife out of the bed and put the lss in her spot. I think that the lss gives him "more action" if you know what I mean.
Hope this gives you a little incentive.
Brandon

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.