Tell me about the 338 Ultra Mag/ please

I shoot 300RUM its bad to the bone,97.0 of H1000 180 nosler Gold Partion gives 3367 fps.Less than MOA accuracy out of 26" Sporter BBL.Gonna use it in 5 weeks to kill me a No California Black bear.However going to shoot 200 Nosler accubonds.
shocked.gif

Have shot a friends Sendero SF in 338 RUM on several occasions. Doesn't have the quick sharp recoil that smaller caliber RUMs have. Very accurate, I think Remmy designers got it right. Should work on anything you want to hunt.
db

I was considering a big cannon some time back but I was thinking about a 33 based on the 378 Wby case , maybe regular shoulder minimum body taper and a 35 deg shoulder , I'm not to sure but I beleive that this case would have a little more capacity than the other guys listed.

Any oppinions ??

Oooops!!
rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I was too quick. The 338 Excalibur is based on the 300 Pegasus, of course!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

What i really was thinking of is the 338 A-Square, but that has a rather long troath.

[ 08-29-2004: Message edited by: 460wby ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.