7mm STW

remingtonman_25_06

I just traded a friend a 7 mag in a win black shadow for his win classic in 7 STW. He did not want the weight or bulk of the action anymore, he wanted to trade straight across, so I did gladly. Now its time for the fun. I need a real fast accurate 140g BT load. Maybe a 150g BT. What are some of your pet loads for your STW?

I like a 150 grain Accubond in my 7mm STW. I have a Weatherby Accumark and this seems to be the best load for my rifle that I have found so far. The Winchester 160 grain Fail-Safe factory load also grouped well in my rifle. I can consistently get sub MOA with these loads, with the occasional group under 1/2 inch.

I know this isnt the weight your looking for but accuracy is excellent. Try Berger's 168 or 180 grain bullets, just give em a try and see what they do.

My custom sako likes 81 grains of r25 and a 140 grain barnes triple shock. Good for 3550fps out of a 1 in 9 pacnor finished at 27 inches. Accuracy is outstanding. This is my longrange mule deer load and it works very very well. That is until its replaced by a 270 Allen Mag. I am excited for Mr. Lilja to get my barrel done. Good luck!

I shoot 86 gr of H1000 behind a 140 gr nosler BT, 3552 fps, accuracy is incredible, work up to this load in your rifle, max load is listed at 82 gr.
js

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.