7mm STW

ridgerunner257

Hello... This is a new round to me as I picked up a Weatherby Accumark in it. I have tried some factory Nosler Accubond loads with a velocity of 3305 and good accuracy but would like to try and find some loads with H1000 or IMR 7828 as I have that powder on hand. Does anybody have any suggestions for this caliber? Would like to hear some experience with it as I said it is a new one to me and I am in the schooling mode for it. The deal could not be passed up. Any info would be appreciated.

The best accuracy load with mine using 7828 powder is 82 Grains with a 162 hornady traveling 3349 fps. Start about 3 grains lower and work up. This is a 26" barrel. With a 140 grain bullet 85 grains going 3547 fps.

I load the 162 hornady also with h1000. I only have a 24.5 inch barrel on a 5.5 lb
gun so my speeds suffer with the h1000. 3000 fps is all it puts out. But the accuracy
is phenomenal so I leave it alone. A little faster powder would do better for speed in
my shorter barrel as would a lighter bullet but it is a big game gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.