7mm stw fans

nube

Hey guys I am new here and want to know if you have any 7mm stw fans on board. I just bought a Blaser rifle and will be working up some loads with it. What kind of speed do you think I can get out of a 25.5 inch barrel with 140 gr tsx if I push the limits?
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to LRH!
You will find lots of 7STW fans here (myself included). I haven't worked with the 140 gr TSX but I would think 3400 fps or maybe more is attainable out of your barrel length.
I tend to be a little on the conservative side with my loads, so you may get some higher numbers from some of the other guys.

Good luck!
Sam

H4831 - 81.5
Nosler Ballistic Tip - 140
Winchester magnum primer
TTL - 2.84
MOAL - 3.575
100-600 trajectory 2.5/3.25/.25/-7/-19/-36

This is what I use in the guns listed below: I get 3510 FPS. Came up with data before there was published data and it works. The Barnes should be loaded 5 or 6% lower than this due to its inherent higher operating pressure. That and your tube's length should yield about the 3400 mentioned above. If you want something stronger that the BT, how about the Accubond with the above data? Good luck.

Welcome to LRH nube!
I recently purchased a 7STW in the Accumark. I shoot the 160 TX using IMR7828, WW brass, Fed 215GM primers, max magazine length. 3350fps.
I just purchased the 140's to load in my 7Rem mag and to try in the STW.
This is my first experience using TX Barnes, I was impressed with the accuracy I was able to get right off the press. .277 at 200 yards for a 3 shot group!!. It did help that another individual had the same rifle and gave that load.
I've played with the 175 Sierra's using 8700 in the new brass going 3200 they shoot acceptable. I have not stretched any of these loads out as the farm I shoot at for distance is not available until after crops are off and the seasons hunting is over ususally after the 20th of Jan. Then I can get my 1000 yards.
It is a very nice cartridge. With the right powders and bullets you can get near the same performance as the 7RUM with alot less powder. Good luck w/your new rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.