7mm Rem Mag Brass

First time using Nosler or Hornady brass for me was this spring for Dads 7RM and a friend's 270 Win. Nosler is the most consistent brass I've ever worked with, I am extremely impressed. 180 Berger just over 3000 with H1000. Can't say about longevity yet. The Hornady primer pockets were so loose that you could almost seat the primer by hand, he will be lucky to get 4 firings. I won't be buying any Hornady brass.
Thank you for the information. Looks like Norma or Nosler would be the best choice right now.

I've got 4 firings on my hornady brass right now and it's still going strong. Adg would be my first choice but since its never available I'll be getting more hornady. I know the Norma brass I had in my creed was really soft.

I've got 4 firings on my hornady brass right now and it's still going strong. Adg would be my first choice but since its never available I'll be getting more hornady. I know the Norma brass I had in my creed was really soft.
Yeah I had heard Norma was soft and that's kinda what I thought, but it seems a lot of people are using it. I don't know. There's no real cut and dry answer haha. I have done some research and some guys swear by Winchester brass in their 7mm Mags.

Yeah I had heard Norma was soft and that's kinda what I thought, but it seems a lot of people are using it. I don't know. There's no real cut and dry answer haha. I have done some research and some guys swear by Winchester brass in their 7mm Mags.
+1 for Winchester brass in 7mm Rem Mag. I bought a bag of 100 ten years ago, and I'm on the sixth or seventh load. I don't anneal, just neck size and trim, and it works well for me. YMMV...

Thank you for the information. Looks like Norma or Nosler would be the best choice right now.
I'll add another vote for either Nosler or Norma brass. I've used both in 300 WSMs and had great brass life. The only time I had a bad primer pocket was on a piece I had over pressured during load develop. I have now started tossing those instead of wasting prep time on them. Some of the big keys to getting great consistent results out of any brass is to thoroughly clean it and properly anneal it at least every couple of firings and to not over pressure it. I use a Sonic cleaner to get my brass ready to anneal. It puts the brass back close to new state in the neck area so you need understand you might get some grabby necks.

Awesome! I was hoping they weren't sissy loads haha. We are looking for 3050 with 162 ELDs. We have achieved this, but the brass he's using has a lot to be desired
I load Hornady brass for my 7mag with Hornady 162 gr eldx bullets. Acheive 1/2" groups at 3100fps. I'm on 5 loads with this brsss...no problems

My 1st choice is ADG. If it's not available Norma and Nosler. I haven't messed with other brass that require more prep and sorting. With any of these brands, I basically resize and then load em up.
What kind of life expectancy have you gotten from Norma or Nosler?

I haven't lost any yet but they're young still. 2 rounds on ADG and 3 on Norma. I used nosler for 6.5. I haven't lost any of them yet either but I have only 3 rounds there too.
As a side note, I don't play around in the fringes. I load moderately. I'm more interested in dependable repeatability and accuracy than velocity. This brass may outlive my rifle.

I haven't lost any yet but there young still. 2 rounds on ADG and 3 on Norma. I used nosler for 6.5. I haven't lost any of them yet either but I have only 3 rounds there too.
As a side note, I don't play around in the fringes. I load moderately. I'm more interested in dependable repeatability and accuracy than velocity. This brass may outlive my rifle.
Thank you. We're not looking for a hot rod load. We have tested up to 3100fps with 162s and RL26, but found consistency around 3050-3070. We never ran into any major pressure signs at the upper limits, and with the 3050 load we don't have any signs. Obviously with new brass we will have to work back up, but we're looking more for repeatability and consistency as well.

i bought a 7mmrem mag when it first came out oh so long ago i used norma brass i always us max loads never found loose primer pockets i use rel 22 with 160 gr sierras velocity 3135 in my varios chronos also use same powder behind 140 gr.ballistic tips at 3340 and 3400 out of my 26 inch bbl sendero also used winchester brass with similar results but i do get cracked necks with win.brass i dont mind so much as win when available is a lot cheaper to buy no difference in accuracy.i have had maybe 7 or eight 7mags mostly rem 700s two savages had to reduce powder charges on both rifles savage it seems has tighter chambers in my experience .my data comes from manuals in the eixties and seventies fifty some odd yrs. ago.those loads are still safe as i have fired thousands of rds.no issues no serious pressure signs.and good case life.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.