7mm Mag accuracy load help?

I read the OP post and missed the part where he mentioned the words LEAD SLEAD.
Seems more and more often someone writes in about a 'problem rifle' that is being shot from a **** Lead Slead.

If I was doing load development for a 700 Nitro Express I would MAYBE consider using one, but that is a big maybe.

I went to their website and find it odd they don't list any twist rates. Can't offer any load help without knowing throat and twist rate. If no improvement, I'd send it back and have them put an 8 or no more than 9 twist barrel on it throated to your desired length. And I'd probably opt for a more substantial set of rings and bases to hold that Nightforce on. If I paid $4,000 for a rifle I'd expect much more.

I have been loading retumbo 162 amax and cci250's in win brass for excellent results. I can get h1000 to go faster and re25 to shoot better in summer but retumbo is rock solid June to January. This is my brother's 110 savage with the factory laminate from about 1988 or so. This is my brother's factory savage 110 with the laminate stock from around 1988-89.

1/9 twist should do just fine except for the really long bullets.

Agreed on having them take a look at it if you feel that youre shooting it cleanly!

Im sure they will check it out, and maybe find something. I would insist on a few test targets and maybe video evidence lol.

Personally, I hate the Lead Sleds. They are not all they are cracked up to be. Proper and consistent form will show much better results using a front and rear bag. Some rifles also shoot better with different input. Some like a lot of input, some like little to none from the shooter.

I gotta strongly agree with not liking the lead sled. It requires poor shooting form to keep from nudging it. I view it as one of those inventions that looks like it's the cats meow but really falls short of expectations.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.