7mm Cauterucio

grit

I called Bob today to order some 7mm 176 vld's. He said he didn't make 'em any more. The new 7mm is a 189 pill. I ordered some to try. Anybody have experience with these? B.C.? Anybody using Caut bullets on game?

I knew he was about to bring out a 189 but did not realize he was dropping the 176. I have used his bullets for about 5 years on game. Very happy with them.

The 176 grain BC is .750 and the 189 will be higher than that.

Thanks Len. I'm looking forward to trying them. By all accounts Bob makes a great bullet.

Len,
Since these bullets use the Sierra jacket, which is thicker than the Berger, do you meplate the tips for better expansion on game, or has it not been necessary ?

Thanks,
Talked to Bob on Friday and sending him a check for some 156gr 7mm and 201gr and 211gr 30 cal.

I have an eight twist. Don't care if they'll stabilize in a nine. I'd get a lot more haircuts if that's how the conversations went at mine.

keep us posted

Please post your results with the 189's. I have a 1-9 7mmWSM and am anxious to see if they are better than the Berger 180???

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.