7mm 180eldm from a 9 twist

remingtonman_25_06

I've got a nice 7-300 win mag with a 28" 9twist Bartlein. It shoots the 162 amaxs beaitifully..i was curious if anyone has or shot the 180 eldms from a 9twist. I've had people say they will and won't shoot from a 9 twist. I'm also shooting at 1000ft ASL. I built this rifle 4 years ago before there was any really good heavy LR bullets so i got the 9 twist...wished I would be went with an 8 now with all these nice new slippery 7mm bullets...oh well. The 162 amax shoots under 1/2 MOA to 1K as is already.

I shoot them an my 9 twist 28 Nosler, and they stabilize beautiful. But, all my shooting is done at 5000-8000'.

I got some 175 eldx and some 180 eldm. A box of both, few taken out of both for load work but still definelty plenty enough for a load work up.

If neither of these shot well enough for you, might I ask what shot better? Was it the 180 Berger you mentioned?

I had a long chat with a Hornady technician about these. Similar setup in that I have a 7mm weatherby 9 twist. Currently shooting Berger's. Short answer is yes, plenty of stability, but you will get a similar bc as the Berger's (.675). If you eventually rebarrel to an 7.5-8 twist you will get the higher .790-.818 bc in the 3000-3150 band.

180 Berger's shoot lights out in mine over H1000 and 210's. I'd have no reservations about the eldm as it's shot amazing in every thing else I've loaded.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.