7mm 110gr TTSX keyholing

I saw something like this once checking my rifle after missing a coyote. Turns out I was skipping bullets off the hood of my old ford😂. Dang ARs and their tall sights. And for the record, the scope had shifted a few inches.

I'm curious if shooting at a close up target caused the muzzle to point down to the edge of the bench, just like in my case.

I saw something like this once checking my rifle after missing a coyote. Turns out I was skipping bullets off the hood of my old ford😂. Dang ARs and their tall sights. And for the record, the scope had shifted a few inches.

I'm curious if shooting at a close up target caused the muzzle to point down to the edge of the bench, just like in my case.
You would be amazed at how many Humvee's have holes in them from that very thing

You really can't do something wrong to cause instability. Skip in makes sense. Is it possible that it is not the bullet you think it is?

Not really, I took have a box thats left and they are 110's. I measured length to run it in the stability calculator.

I really think it's a skip in but they are adamant that it wasn't. Pretty hard to skip it in at 25 yards but anything is possible.

Not really, I took have a box thats left and they are 110's. I measured length to run it in the stability calculator.

I really think it's a skip in but they are adamant that it wasn't. Pretty hard to skip it in at 25 yards but anything is possible.
That time I shot my hood the bullet still hit the target, just oblong. Target was 40-50 yards away.

I think your best bet it's to shoot the rifle yourself and eliminate variables.

Nothing at all. That's where the confusion lies.
Sorry, I missed that in the original post. Grasping at straws here, no damage to crown? Was the rifle cleaned to bare metal prior to shooting the Barnes. Sometimes different bullet materials don't play well with others.
Frankly I'm stumped.