777 pellets to Buckhorn

Blackpowder72

Ive been thinking of making the switch for a couple years now. Going from 777 pellets to Buckhorn. Is it worth it ??? I shoot 1" 1/4 groups now. I feel like it could be better. Also I shoot 150gr 3 pellets , if I switch to Buckhorn how much powder do I use, 100-110gr ? I shoot a CVA MR 3 pellets of 777 and 290 gr Barnes T-EZ. I really like the Barnes bullets from the point of the damage and blood trail they leave but im not against trying something else. Thanks

Ive been thinking of making the switch for a couple years now. Going from 777 pellets to Buckhorn. Is it worth it ??? I shoot 1" 1/4 groups now. I feel like it could be better. Also I shoot 150gr 3 pellets , if I switch to Buckhorn how much powder do I use, 100-110gr ? I shoot a CVA MR 3 pellets of 777 and 290 gr Barnes T-EZ. I really like the Barnes bullets from the point of the damage and blood trail they leave but im not against trying something else. Thanks

To switch over to Blackhorn (Bh209), you'll need to purchase a breech plug compatible first. CVA sells them and so does Western.
Shooters find that between 100 and 110grs volume is the sweet spot for BH209. Most end up settling on 110grs and it really doesn't matter what manufactured rifle. It excels around that charge.

You're already shooting a premium bullet that works consistently 100% of the time. Stay with the same bullet and you'll end up fine.

Excellent advise !! bh 209 has many advantages over 777 . no swabbing between shots, clean up with smokeless powder solvent, lower pressure, almost unlimited shelflife. excellent accuracy. and compared to 777 pellets the cost difference in minimal.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.