New to ML hunting

What is a SUPER 45?
What I meant is the custom built .45cal rifles that are being built by the top builders. IMO the top builders for these rifles are in no particular order: Bestill Creations, LR Customs and ASG.
These rifles are built as custom smokeless rifles, but also shoot BH or any other substitute, including BP. Extremely accurate long range rifles, built with TOP quality barrels.

I'm having one built myself and hope to have it sometime in May.

Remington 700 S/A single shot with the bolt modified and timed
1:19 twist, 8 grove Rock Creek premium .45cal barrel
Jewell trigger
McMillan Game Warden stock w/adjustable cheek
#8 screws and a bedded 15MOA mount
Bedded action
LR Customs... T-Rex CSTM muzzlebrake.
ASG Gen2 smokeless breech plug and modules.

It will test my abilities.

What I meant is the custom built .45cal rifles that are being built by the top builders. IMO the top builders for these rifles are in no particular order: Bestill Creations, LR Customs and ASG.
These rifles are built as custom smokeless rifles, but also shoot BH or any other substitute, including BP. Extremely accurate long range rifles, built with TOP quality barrels.

I'm having one built myself and hope to have it sometime in May.

Remington 700 S/A single shot with the bolt modified and timed
1:19 twist, 8 grove Rock Creek premium .45cal barrel
Jewell trigger
McMillan Game Warden stock w/adjustable cheek
#8 screws and a bedded 15MOA mount
Bedded action
LR Customs... T-Rex CSTM muzzlebrake.
ASG Gen2 smokeless breech plug and modules.

It will test my abilities.

Now that sounds like a rifle. What kind of bullet would you shoot in this?

Now that sounds like a rifle. What kind of bullet would you shoot in this?

Any .45cal bullet. Even .40cal in sabots. However the sabot is what you should try to get away from. It WILL require the purchase of a Swinglock sizing die. You'll need to size the bullets correctly for your specific rifle.

I will be starting out with both Pittman and Fury bullets. These in the photo below are Fury bullets. Excellent bullets and will put the hammer of Thor on a whitetail, or any other critter. Left is 275grs, right is 300grs.

275left 300right.jpg

The bullets in this photo below are Pittman Accumax bullets.
Left is 275grs, right is 300grs.
IMG_1554.JPG

I'm also considering at some point, the Alco, E-Max from Parker and the Arrowhead X-series bullets.

Again..... bullets will have to be sized. http://swinglock.net/

When you start down the custom ML hole There is no going back the speed and accuracy from them is unreal. If your lucky enough to live in state that allows smokeless power there that much faster. I've taken a few deer over the last 5 years with parker 270 match hunters and the 325 pittman aeromax both leave huge holes in critters.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.