7 year olds first deer!!! Proud Dad

Well, after a long day of heading to the butcher and the taxidermist we're home. My daughter wanted to get her buck mounted, so of course we are getting it mounted for her. We've been blessed this year with me being able to fill the freezer with a nice bull elk. So I asked my daughter if she wanted to keep the meat or if she would want to donate it to someone who couldn't get out and hunt or maybe couldn't afford it . Being the awesome hearted kid she is she said she'd be happy to give it to a family that needed food. So we're donating the meat to an elderly family.

Thanks for all the kind words, I've read it all to her and you guys are keeping her on cloud 9!!

That's what the family tradition of hunting is all about. What a wonderful story, pics and video. Congratulations to Amelia and Dad.
My daughter killed her first deer when she was 7. She is a great shot, including long range. Yesterday her son, my 4 yo Grandson, and I went to the farm and checked trail cameras. The tradition continues and gets better. You have a lot to look forward too but it doesn't get better than the excitement of the first.

Recent Posts