7 year olds first deer!!! Proud Dad

T3ninja

So my oldest ( 7 years old) Got to punch her very first ever deer tag this am!

She's been going hunting with dad since she was 3 years old and we've actually never seen a deer while hunting. The spot I go is usually a great spot in the AM but getting a young'n up that early without having to battle with her AND mom is a feat in itself.

We went out last night with the crossbow but no luck, so while we were out I talked her into going out this morning, firearms opener. Of course just like every morning with a 7 year old girl nothing happens as fast as you'd like so we were WAYY late getting to the stand. Literally as we were climbing up the ladder I saw NICE buck walking less than 50 yards from us, he didn't have a clue we were there. But with the rifle strapped to my pack, unloaded, and the suppressor was in my pocket, we were in no position to get a shot so he got to walk. We get setup and there are deer everywhere, but the weeds are so tall she can't see them… after switching seats in the stand and moving the rifle around the tree about a dozen times , this little buck was chasing a doe back and forth about 150 yards in front of us. I stopped him with a mouth bleat and she shot….he jumped weird and went about 20 yards…. Miss. She says she knew she missed, she said the rifle slid when she shot… so I chambered another round, the buck was looking around with confusion, I reminded her to take her time and bam…. He folded and dropped where he stood. I looked at my daughter and she couldn't keep it together, she had tears running down her face…. She was crying so hard from excitement.. she says " I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm crying because I'm so excited I've never done that before" I may have shed a tear or two in happiness and excitement too… This little girl is on cloud nine today!!!

Congratulations Amelia!!
82587B96-DCE7-4089-9308-F45EB17CFC43.jpeg
AAEB06A2-38DE-42A6-9CEF-F4414A1E05E9.jpeg
EE5215E5-000C-4D20-B88C-EDB0CB9BEE9A.jpeg
A9E09FB9-5C65-4170-A962-6AD83CC3B3A7.jpeg
3E83887F-613D-4234-AB80-1F5ECFF1966C.jpeg

Rifle-
Tikka T3
6.5-284, 23" carbon6, 1-7 twist
XLR Magnesium chassis with smoke stock
YHM resonator
NX8 4-32 MIL
135 badlands precisionSBD2 2970

The shot was a little forward, but It worked… we've practiced for a couple years shooting starting with crossbow and .22's she is an EXCELLENT shot, and very responsible for a 7 year old girl and I would NOT have let her attempt this if I wasn't 100% confident with her making this shot. I reconfigured the rifle to fit her and I used the clamp from my bogpod on the rifle and was constantly moving it so it was a "recoil stop" I had it hooked in front of the shooting rail on the stand… she is tiny and only weighs about 45 lbs so a 6.5-284 would have been a bit much recoil without it.

That's fantastic and great job collecting herself for a second shot.
That's even better than goi g out yourself. My last few years have been filled with taking little ones out for deer. My friends daughter acted the same way completely hooked her into hunting. Makes me much less excited for my opener.
Thanks for sharing and that's a great first buck. Heck bigger than most the ones I've shot

So my oldest ( 7 years old) Got to punch her very first ever deer tag this am!

She's been going hunting with dad since she was 3 years old and we've actually never seen a deer while hunting. The spot I go is usually a great spot in the AM but getting a young'n up that early without having to battle with her AND mom is a feat in itself.

We went out last night with the crossbow but no luck, so while we were out I talked her into going out this morning, firearms opener. Of course just like every morning with a 7 year old girl nothing happens as fast as you'd like so we were WAYY late getting to the stand. Literally as we were climbing up the ladder I saw NICE buck walking less than 50 yards from us, he didn't have a clue we were there. But with the rifle strapped to my pack, unloaded, and the suppressor was in my pocket, we were in no position to get a shot so he got to walk. We get setup and there are deer everywhere, but the weeds are so tall she can't see them… after switching seats in the stand and moving the rifle around the tree about a dozen times , this little buck was chasing a doe back and forth about 150 yards in front of us. I stopped him with a mouth bleat and she shot….he jumped weird and went about 20 yards…. Miss. She says she knew she missed, she said the rifle slid when she shot… so I chambered another round, the buck was looking around with confusion, I reminded her to take her time and bam…. He folded and dropped where he stood. I looked at my daughter and she couldn't keep it together, she had tears running down her face…. She was crying so hard from excitement.. she says " I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm crying because I'm so excited I've never done that before" I may have shed a tear or two in happiness and excitement too… This little girl is on cloud nine today!!!

Congratulations Amelia!!View attachment 409129View attachment 409130View attachment 409131View attachment 409132View attachment 409133
Congratulations great job