7 SAUM advice

Ftothfadd

So, I finally pulled the trigger and after shooting factory rifles for years I am having my dream gun built by APR. It is going to be 22" barreled 7SAUM throated for the 180 Bergers. And here is the catch, I do not reload. (I know, I know. I would love to but have a full time university job and two young kids. So, what I do not have is time). But considering that 7 SAUM ammo over the counter is equivalent to unobtainium, I would like to have either rounds purchased or maybe some components gathered I can send out to a reloader so I would have ammo by the time the gun is ready (2022 January or so I am told)
Please let me know how I should proceed. I would be super disappointed receiving the rifle and not having ammo to shoot....
Thank you, Ferenc

x3 for Unknown Munitions-- see if they will let you backorder-- go with ADG brass, that is really all you need to make sure you have.

APR built mine-- 22" 1-8T proof, defiance anTi Medium (SA)-- you'll love it! I'm running 162 ELDM for Deer. Keep in mind that if you want to run 180s and seat them out you will need an XM or LA.

It's sweet shooting even at 7lb 1oz total weight!

thank you. Yes, mine is built on an intermediate action. So how would I source Brass? I have some of Federal and Norma 300 WSM brass to trade for it and also about 50 Hornady 338 brass. (forgive me if this is junk I am unfamiliar with these components.)

I know the guy that does the load work there and he knows what he's doing. But no one can work miracles. You have to tune the rifle. If your gonna throw a random load at it, just buy a factory rifle the custom will never perform to its ability without the right load. In all honesty, a custom is a waste of money if you do not reload. A custom still shoots terribly with the wrong load. A factory rifle and a reloading kit would be a better investment.

I am sure you can find someone local who reloads and will be willing to help you out- maybe for a 12 pack or bottle of something good.

That would be my advice, and you will probably learn a thing or two from a new friend

Thank you for the advice, maybe I need to find a new friend here who reloads. I will look into that. I know of a pretty reputable place that sells reloading components. Maybe they can guide me.
On another note. to no one's surprise, I cannot find anywhere 7 SAUM brass. Any suggestions where I should look.
Ferenc

I know the guy that does the load work there and he knows what he's doing. But no one can work miracles. You have to tune the rifle. If your gonna throw a random load at it, just buy a factory rifle the custom will never perform to its ability without the right load. In all honesty, a custom is a waste of money if you do not reload. A custom still shoots terribly with the wrong load. A factory rifle and a reloading kit would be a better investment.

Second this. Not what you want to hear, but the best option would be to become a reloader.

Ok, ok, ok... I'll take it.

Second this. Not what you want to hear, but the best option would be to become a reloader.

A caliber change might be wise without reloading if it isn't too late.

6.5prc would likely for your needs better simply because they have quality factory ammo for it

Dang wish I could help. I'm having a 20 inch 7 saum built by APR which should be ready next week. Sadly not in time to work up a load and carry as a back up on my elk hunt.

I had a hard time finding brass and bought Norma a while back. I started shopping brass and dies the day I placed the order. Have all I need including boolets . Should last the life of the rifle. I couldn't imagine buying factory for it. Like said above or a similar company that will load for you. There's one out it that will load up samples to see what works best. Ask if they'll load a ladder test for you. I believe it was Dallas Reloads but not certain.

I'd say buy some brass and find someone like mentioned. Look for Norma or ADG. I know adg just had a 7 Saum release so there may be some to show up. Need to shop hard and you'll find it.