7 Rem Mag load data

For my "eastern" load, a 160 Partition behind 70.5 / 7977 and BR-2 gets 3,000 fps with single digit SD out of a Tikka T3 superlight. ~1 moa, easy shooting, brass lasts forever.
What brass are you using ? I'm surprised some of you are using a CCI BR2 primer and not a magnum primer. I use Federal gold medal magnum in 300 rum, 300 win mag and 7 rem mag. BR2 in everything else.
Thanks.

What brass are you using ? I'm surprised some of you are using a CCI BR2 primer and not a magnum primer. I use Federal gold medal magnum in 300 rum, 300 win mag and 7 rem mag. BR2 in everything else.
Thanks.
Win brass, well-prepped. I think I picked up the idea to try the BR-2 in the 7RM somewhere here on LRH. It has worked well for me, never any issues, and generally better groups when I've tested it against the mag primers.

Thanks for listing what primer !
That's not a problem and you are welcome. I know primers make a difference as I have performed tests with different rifles of various calibers throughout my years. Whatever the primer brings to the equation, whether that's pressure, flame temperature or whatever, it can and does affect the consistency of the load and the barrel harmonics. Those are two areas that determine some of a rifles precision and accuracy, IMO.

I'm surprised some of you are using a CCI BR2 primer and not a magnum primer.
I like the BR2's and use them a lot in various cartridges. I used them with the magnum cartridge capacity when first trying RL-26 in the .300WinMag. There was a young (18yr old 'ish) member on here, can't remember his name now, but he was building his own rifles and had built a .300WinMag and was using 26 with 200gn+ bullets and was getting good LR accuracy and velocity. I asked and he gave me his load data and I was surprised that he used BR2's. When I asked him about that he stated he had tried the others, including magnum, and got the best results from the BR2's.
I took his advise but I had to try the other primers too and in conclusion of my testing I decided he was right and that an old dog can be schooled. :)

That's not a problem and you are welcome. I know primers make a difference as I have performed tests with different rifles of various calibers throughout my years. Whatever the primer brings to the equation, whether that's pressure, flame temperature or whatever, it can and does affect the consistency of the load and the barrel harmonics. Those are two areas that determine some of a rifles precision and accuracy, IMO.

I like the BR2's and use them a lot in various cartridges. I used them with the magnum cartridge capacity when first trying RL-26 in the .300WinMag. There was a young (18yr old 'ish) member on here, can't remember his name now, but he was building his own rifles and had built a .300WinMag and was using 26 with 200gn+ bullets and was getting good LR accuracy and velocity. I asked and he gave me his load data and I was surprised that he used BR2's. When I asked him about that he stated he had tried the others, including magnum, and got the best results from the BR2's.
I took his advise but I had to try the other primers too and in conclusion of my testing I decided he was right and that an old dog can be schooled. :)
Very good info on primers . Thank you. I haven't done much testing with different primers until the last few years. I switched from regular Fed. 250 to the match mag primers about 3 years ago. I did notice s little better consistency and accuracy with the match so I stuck with them. I used to use CCI and Win. mag primers many years ago. I started using BR2 primers when I started shooting 6.5 Creeds , 6.5 PRC's and a 6.5x284 . I just figured they had to be better than what I was using ??? I'll start using them in 308, 243, 22-250 and others also. I wish CCI made a BR2 mag primer. Maybe it's not needed ? Win. years ago said their Large rifle was sufficient for mags and I think they even stopped making LR mag primers if I remember correctly ???
Sorry for getting off bullet topic !
That was a great story about the 18 year old. Yes, sometimes old dogs can lean new tricks. My son proved that to me a few times....

39365.gif

What powders do you have available? Specific bullets or just those in the 160-175gr weight range? I've spent lots of time loading the 7mm RM and have a few recipes I can share.

180 Berger H1000
145 LRX RL23
180 ELD M RL23
150 Swift Scirocco II H4831
160 Accubond RL22
175 ABLR Retumbo

CCI 250 or Fed 215
Have a couple lbs of H4831, H1000, Rutumbo, RL powder seems to be scarce in these parts.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.