7mm Rem Mag. Load Data

Cool...I'll have to look into it. I'm thinking about rebarreling my A-Bolt II 7Mag with a Sendero contour heavy barrel 1:9 twist. It currently has sporter barrel 1:9.5 twist with BOSS system, and as much as I like the BOSS system, I really hate it when it gets loose, and the fact that you're pretty much deaf for a week after you shoot a deer... Plus, I just want a heavier barrel on it to add for more long-range potential.

Anybody hitting the magic 3K with their 7Mag, 168's, and H1000? If so, what charge are we looking at?

I'm getting 3026 fps with 69.6 gr's of H1000, just touching the lands with the 168 VLD's. I'm also using the WLRM primers. I know my chrony is giving me a pretty acurate reading, because Bergers ballistic calculator had me right on with my drop. My first attempt at 600 yards was a perfect hit on a 6" round steel target. I was finally able to find a 8lb tub of H1000 too, so I'm in business for at least another 800 rounds :D.

I'm getting 3026 fps with 69.6 gr's of H1000, just touching the lands with the 168 VLD's. I'm also using the WLRM primers. I know my chrony is giving me a pretty acurate reading, because Bergers ballistic calculator had me right on with my drop. My first attempt at 600 yards was a perfect hit on a 6" round steel target. I was finally able to find a 8lb tub of H1000 too, so I'm in business for at least another 800 rounds :D.
I hate you.........

Unless, you let me know when you come across anymore 8lb kegs of H1000 or Varget.

Bought 8 lbs h1000 last week and 500 berger 168's Vlv Hunting 2 boxes still on the shelf 249.00

All of that for $250??? Holy crap... That's a deal.

I have 1 box of the VLD-H 168's, but bought a box of VLD-T's to shoot at the range. I hope my local store gets some more stuff in soon. I'm tired of worrying about running out of Varget, H1000, and VLD's....:D

I guess that I should also mention that I've been shooting at around 4200 feet in elevation. That's something that a lot of people leave off of there load information. From what I've read, it does make a difference. I probably wouldn't be breaking the 3000 fps mark with 69.6 gr's if I were down at sea level. :) Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still new at this.

What a great forum!!

Has anyone tried IMR 7828 yet? I plan on loading some this week with Berger 168 Classic Hunters. It will be my first 7mm Rem Mags that I've loaded. Planning on .0020 jump. Will be trying three shot groups working the powder charge up. Just wondering if I should have started with a different powder.

Also, I'm interested in adjusting the FL resizing dies for shoulder bump. I picked up part of the conversation on the STW thread. Can anyone point me to a thread or link with more information on how to adjust for this. I am using the Redding FL Bushing die.

Thanks

After reading through the Berger manual....The most commonly used powders (amongst the calibers listed in their manual) I noticed were IMR 7828 SSC, H1000, and Retumbo. So, you should be ok.

i hate to admit it, but the older i get, the less i like the heavy ones! i have migrated to the 140 combined tech ballistic tip over 4831sc, and am a happy camper!

The most accurate load I have found in my savage 110 7 mag is
140 btip and 68 grains of RL22
three shots in 1 round hole

I loaded some up and went to the range a few days ago. Not thrilled with the results. Not sure how much was me but only a couple of loads were under 1 moa. 61-65.5 grains of 7828, apporx .020 off lands with 168 Berger Classic Hunter.

When I get back home, I will post more details.

From memory, I think the best results were around 64.5 grains of Imr7828 as far as ES and SD and sub 1 moa grouping. velocity was only around 2830 if memory serves me correctly. I was hoping for closer to 3000 fps.

It is a stock 700 sythetic stainless. I have considered grinding off the supports at the front of the stock so the barrel is free floated but I'm afraid the stock is too flimsy for that.. And it is actually my brothers gun.. My Sendero has not arrived yet.

Im using h1000 for the 180 bergers and its looking promising out of a stock sendero sfii. Only made it to 66gr so far. Gonna push it a little harder this weekend (hopefully) to see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.