7mm Rem Mag. Load Data

Plane- what are you shooting at?? i would try h-1000 or H-4831.

Right now, just target practice (800 yard range) and SC whitetail. Hoping to be able to hunt something larger one day.

I have a synthetic stock stainless A-bolt 270win but I wish it had a longer barrel. It is the 22" with boss. I get 2960 with a Berger 130 vld classic hunter and H4350.

I have some H4831 but the Berger manual showed it losing about 100 fps over several other powders. I might have to give it a try.

Also I am at sea level that that will take a toll on my velocity compared to the Colorado crowd. Just not sure how much.

I think I had promised an update.

Latest load data and what I plan to use this season for whitetail.
Rem 700 Sendero 7 Mag 26" barrel
64.2 of H4831 (at 64.5 bolt was starting to get sticky)
WLR mag primers
Hornady Brass
.040 off the lands
2860 fps.
.6 MOA

7828 was getting closer to 2900 fps but I feel the h4831 is more accurate.

I still need more trigger time and plan on testing some H1000 in the near future.

I know this thread has been dead for a little while but I just wanted to state my experience with the 7 rem mag and the berger vld's . there are lots of people on here that put up very good advice, information, and personal experience and that is what makes this forum so great. A chance to learn from others real word, hands on experience is second to none.

I tested about every powder I could get my mits on , process of elimination brought me down to h-1000 and retumbo. Testing for MVA, extreme spread , standard deviation , real world temp sensitivity**and accuracy out to 1000 yards

My rig is a trued rem 700 LA ,Jewell trigger, Krieger 28" rhv fluted 1-9 tw, night force 5-22x56.

End result was 70.9 gn of retumbo 168 berger hunting vld kissing the lands @3128.3 extreme spread of 8 sd of 3 over 20 rounds .loaded in Norma brass fed match 215 primers . everything weighed and sorted with a satorious gd 503 scale. The retumbo was completely resilient to the temp sensitivity testing and with 1/4 moa accuracy out to 1000 yards, this was my load.

I have more than 1000 168 vld's down the pipe now with this recipe and 2 weeks ago put a 2.6 inch group on steel plate @ 1014 yards in a light wind condition. I have also taken a lot of coyotes with this , the farthest one being 1025 yards so far.
attachment.php

I have good results with RL25, also. My Remington SPS shoots 160 Partitions sub-minute at 3006 fps. This load seems fairly mild in my rifle. I like RL22 for the lighter bullets. I load it for my other 7 mag using 139 grain Hornady Interlocks. It clocks 3100 fps and is also sub-minute.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.