7mm Rem Mag. Load Data

since it is hard to get drawn for antelope and mulies, i assumed coues. the 168's are awesome. shot a rockymtn bighorn, mulie and antelope with them. why i started with re-19 is a long story. it works good. but i wish i had started with h-1000 or h-4831 since they are extreme powders.

since it is hard to get drawn for antelope and mulies, i assumed coues. the 168's are awesome. shot a rockymtn bighorn, mulie and antelope with them. why i started with re-19 is a long story. it works good. but i wish i had started with h-1000 or h-4831 since they are extreme powders.

I'm sure coues will be on the menu as well, I'm still green to hunting in AZ. It is definitely a lot different than what I'm used to (From PA). Excited to see what AZ has to offer in terms of hunting. My Rem 788 .308 brush gun just isn't gonna cut the mustard though.:rolleyes: Besides... You can never have to many guns right?gun) I did have a whole collection of rifles including a custom .308 Norma Mag. I really got the AZ house warming by getting my house robbed. All but my beater .308 and my wifes Rem 6mm gone...

i use a 6.5-20, on the 7mm sendero. it will kill everthing here in az. that is aweful getting robbed!! good luck in the draw. roninflag

I'm sure coues will be on the menu as well, I'm still green to hunting in AZ. It is definitely a lot different than what I'm used to (From PA). Excited to see what AZ has to offer in terms of hunting. My Rem 788 .308 brush gun just isn't gonna cut the mustard though.:rolleyes: Besides... You can never have to many guns right?gun) I did have a whole collection of rifles including a custom .308 Norma Mag. I really got the AZ house warming by getting my house robbed. All but my beater .308 and my wifes Rem 6mm gone...
I know the feeling man. I put 4 of my high-end ones in my shop (50x50 warehouse) that has locked steel doors, and and office with a locked and dead-bolted door, and someone broke in and got all 4 of them, back in 2008. Reason they were in there was b/c I had to make room in the backseat of my truck and set them in the shop.......Bad decision. That happened to be the friggin weekend the thieves decided to visit me. Used my own tools to break into the office inside the shop. I'm still ****ed about it all these years later. The cops recovered 1 of them recently, and I bought another one similar to one of them. But I'm still ****ed my new Beretta Extrema2 shotgun, and my custom Model 7 .308 got jacked. Haven't seen hide-nor-hair of them....Doubt I ever will. If that wasn't bad enough, the insurance company ripped me a new azzhole with what they gave me to cover getting them replaced.....Don't even let me get started on that load of crap.

So yeah, I feel your pain smouse.

All we can do is get back on the horse, and hope they catch the bastards, and that we MIGHT get our guns back....Someday.

I know the feeling man. I put 4 of my high-end ones in my shop (50x50 warehouse) that has locked steel doors, and and office with a locked and dead-bolted door, and someone broke in and got all 4 of them, back in 2008. Reason they were in there was b/c I had to make room in the backseat of my truck and set them in the shop.......Bad decision. That happened to be the friggin weekend the thieves decided to visit me. Used my own tools to break into the office inside the shop. I'm still ****ed about it all these years later. The cops recovered 1 of them recently, and I bought another one similar to one of them. But I'm still ****ed my new Beretta Extrema2 shotgun, and my custom Model 7 .308 got jacked. Haven't seen hide-nor-hair of them....Doubt I ever will. If that wasn't bad enough, the insurance company ripped me a new azzhole with what they gave me to cover getting them replaced.....Don't even let me get started on that load of crap.

So yeah, I feel your pain smouse.

All we can do is get back on the horse, and hope they catch the bastards, and that we MIGHT get our guns back....Someday.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's definitely an eye opener when you walk in and see everything ripped apart and your windows smashed and your stuff gone. You really feel violated. They even destroyed the window frames of two different windows trying to get in the house. Apparently they didn't know how to just break the glass. I had the guns hidden in our guest room closet since we had just moved there a couple month prior and was saving to get a safe but it just didn't happen fast enough. Our insurance was actually really good about things. The real killer for me was that a couple of the rifles stolen had sentimental value. Two of them were the first rifles that I ever owned that my dad had bought me. The important part is that my family and I weren't hurt. I'm just going to have to slowly replace what was stolen. I don't really see them catching them, but maybe some day I'll get one of my guns back.

You wanna know the bad thing......I have a safe (had one at the time). But that 1 friggin weekend my guns didn't go back in it, was the weekend they jacked me up. Makes you mad enough to see red, I can tell you that much.

3 of my 4 had sentimental value.....The Browning A-Bolt II Composite Stalker 7Mag was the first gun I ever bought and filled out a 4473, when I turned 18. The Model 7 .308 custom was built by a gunsmith friend of mine, and it meant alot to me, b/c of how much time and effort he put into it. The Beretta Extrema2 28" Max-4HD, w/ Kick-Off system was my first (and only) semi-auto shotgun, and was a Christmas present from the folks. And the only thing that ****ed me off about the Marlin 917 VSS getting stolen was that it had new Leupold PRW rings and bases, and a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10x50 on it. LOL But I got that gun back (of course, the cheapest one of the bunch....) and the bastards took my scope off of it, and it had some *** on it. The Sherriff was nice enough to try to let me keep the *** Redhead scope that was on it, but I insisted he remove that piece of junk off of my gun immediately, and go down the holding cell wher they had the thief, and shove it up his *** sideways. The cop laughed, but I was serious. LOL

I asked them to take me down there to see the man who robbed me of my sentimental belongings that didn't obvisouly mean a **** thing to him, but they wouldn't let me go for a "visit".......

Well here goes my 2 cents:) gun)
I have been working on a load for my Rem 7mm for 6 months I am reloading new 7mm Remington brass CCI Magnum primers with H1000, Berger 168 vld hunting in a 24 Inch barreled rifle......

Was at the range in Logan Mt. 4/28/2013 9am.

The 7 mm Load that I will be using is 69 grains H1000 with .30 jump averaging 2899 fps
this load seems to be the best one for my gun for good speed and great accuracy touching holes @ 200 yards and less than 1/2 5 shot group.
I did get a 3025 fps average load with 71.5 grains .30 jump but this load is all over the place about 2.5 inch groups @ 200yards. also ran 71,70.5,70,69.5. all not as accurate as 69.
I have ran all these loads with .20 .30 .40 thousandths jump and the .30 was the best in speed and accuracy.
Example:
69 at .30 2899fps 69 at .20 2866 avg. differences just in the jump. this surprised me a little also surprising was hot loads 70.5 71 and 71.5 @ 200 were low about 2 to 2.5inches avg and the 69 is about 1/4 inch high.
Remember all guns shoot different!! If I were you I would do the same no matter how long it takes...
Huskemaw 5X20X50 zeroed @200yds 16 clicks to nail the gong ever shot @430yards cant wait to get the turrets made for this load and gun.

69.0 grains of H1000 works well for me with 180s, I also use 70 grains of Retumbo for about 50 more fps, but the ES isn't quite as good.

Well I made it to the range again this weekend for a couple of hours. I finally have a load worked up for my 7mm. What I ended up with was:
Berger 168gr VLD Hunting Bullets
WLRM Primers
Remington Brass
Hodgdon H1000 69.6gr's
Bullet seated on the lands
Getting an average speed of about 3026 fps. My best group ended up being .669", with a 5 shot group. I am more than pleased with that out of my budget build. This week I am going to bed the action. Maybe I'll get that group a little smaller by next weekend.

Last year I worked up a load for the 168gr Classic Hunter (they still called it "SAMMI Hybrid" at the time) That load is 71gr H1000, Fed 215M, Nosler cases.

Here's a thread on it
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/saami-hybrid-hunting-7mm-168gr-96911/

This winter and spring I've been working on a load with the 180gr Hybrids.
It's 69.5gr Retumbo, Fed215M, Nosler cases, 0.040" off the lands, with 0.001" neck tension. If I'm feeling and shooting really good that day it's well in the 2's, if not it's 1/2moa

I worked up a couple of loads a few weeks ago with RL17 and Retumbo pushing 160 AB's. 63 gr of RL17 pushed them 3150 and 72 gr of Retumbo pushed them about 3100 out of a 24" barrel. I'm sure H1000 and H4831 would also be good choices. Work up cautiously.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.