6x6.5x47 Lapua Feeding with Magazine ??

wildcat

Hey guys like I said I am going to build a 6x6.5x47 Lapua. I am going to use a Surgeon Short Action Repeter with Badger Ordnance M5 bottom metal for the 10 round magazine. My question is, will the 6x6.5x47 feed well with this set up?

W.

I saw somewhere that no modification was needed for 6x47laupa to feed well outta a remmy 700 mag. I don't know about the 10rnd. mag ur tring to use tho. If it's a detachable mag I would guess that u might have some trouble, but the shoulder angle isn't really steep or anything so might be okay. I'll let u know how mine feeds when I get it back in another 2 weeks or so. That is if I can find dies to form cases first!! So far all I have is a forester neck die.

Last edited:
While I don't have any experience with teh 6 x 47 Lapua . my 6.5 x 47 Lapua feeds well from my Sako-75 magazine as it does from my Borden alpine with BDL magazine.

ML

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.